SASS Wire Forum

Favorite Thanksgiving Dish

Okiepan

My mom's sweet potato casserole, which I cook every year at Thanksgiving.  No marshmallows are harmed in the creation of this dish...it has a chopped pecan topping.  

A close second is my step mom's raisin pie.  I missed that this year due to sickness in my immediate family.

Smoked prime rib and pecan pie.

I like the turkey and dressing but for me the favorite is real homemade giblet gravy. None of my family makes it with the giblets so it's just a brown gravy with drippings. My Great Grandmother made the best giblet gravy and my mother made the same. Neither one are with us anymore so I try to make it the same but it just isn't.

In no particular order

My Mom's baked Sweet Potatoes, German Chocolate Cake

Grandma on mom's side made the best dinner rolls and Lep Cookies. Watching those Lep cookies age 4 months was torture but they were worth the wait.  

Grandma on dad's side Blackberry cobbler and lemon cheese cake.

Wife's Bread Pudding and Sweet Potato pie.

Maude's Angel Food cake

When my parents were with us, we used to go camping in the desert around the Salton Sea. We hunted quail. Mom used to take 5 or 6 quail and put them around the Turkey when she baked it,. Don't know which was best, but I do miss the quail and Mom too!

Always wanted to get a turducken :lol: For now, it's got to be turkey and sweet potato casserole. Followed up with pumpkin pie with real whipped cream.

Sliced turkey, light and dark, with lots of gravy.

Let's add some mashed potatoes with gravy and stuffing and top that off with a piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream and I'm in!!;)

Breakfast this morning of sausage gravy over left over Alabama biscuits. 

For some reason, Sawmill Mary baked a paraplegic turkey! No legs or wings!

Wouldn’t that be a Quadrapeligic?

Archived