1 Cup Chopped Pecans

3 Cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats

Directions

Heat Oven to 350 Degrees

Mix Softened Butter and Sugar until creamy

Add Eggs and Vanilla. Beat well

Add Flour, Baking Soda, Cinamon, and Salt. Beat well

Add Oats, Raisins, and Pecans. Mix well

Roll mixture into a ball about the the size of a golf ball. Place on cookie sheet. leaving about 3 inches between each ball.

Then mash into a flattened disk about 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick.

Bake on bottom rack 4 minutes. Then move to top rack for remaining 6 to 8 minutes

Remove from oven and allow to cool 2 minutes. Then using a spatula place cookies on a wire rack or dish towel to finish cooling.

Once cool, Store in an air tight container

Sounds really good.

Sawmill Mary has been making a combination of oatmeal cookies that was inspired by a comment son Chris made. "Why can't they put chocolate chips and raisins in oatmeal cookies?".  Sawmill Mary spotted some chocolate covered raisins in the store so she gave it a try.  Instant hit. 

O.K. .... here is the plan:

Everyone make a batch of their favorite goody and send about 3-4 each to ME.

I will taste test each and rate my findings on the Wire.

Don't be shy.   I'll personally see that ALL entries are properly judged and evaluated fairly.

Your Friend,

..........Widder

Whom was the IDIOT who suggested cookies should contain Nutz??   Oatmeal Raisin cookies should have Raisins.  Chocolate Chip should have Chocolate Chips.  Peanut Butter cookies should have Peanut Butter.  OK, I'll grant, Chocolate Chips can improve Oatmeal Raisin and Peanut Butter, Nuts never improved any cookies.  Oh, and Brownies neither.  So There.:rolleyes:

Whom was the IDIOT who suggested cookies should contain Nutz??   Oatmeal Raisin cookies should have Raisins.  Chocolate Chip should have Chocolate Chips.  Peanut Butter cookies should have Peanut Butter.  OK, I'll grant, Chocolate Chips can improve Oatmeal Raisin and Peanut Butter, Nuts never improved any cookies.  Oh, and Brownies neither.  So There.:rolleyes:

Talk about nutz!  

go on--tell us how  you really feel

Last time I checked peanut butter was made from Nutz. :P

Last time I checked peanut butter was made from Nutz. :P

So are mountain oysters......I'll take the cookies.

I'd prefer just the raisins in my oatmeal cookies but I'd eat them either way.

Yea, Peanut Butter is made "from" nuts.  But fer cookies and such the peanuts be ground smooth.  And, not withstanding, peanuts ain't really "Nutz."  They be Legumes.  Peanut Butter Cookies be smooth ........ and SOFT!!

Well, you have boy brownies and you have girl brownies.

You had me at butter and sugar...

:D

No idea why i currently don't weigh about 900 lbs and have type 399 diabetes...

Cookies... yummmmmmm!

Is Cookie Monster an available SASS alias?

Archived