SASS Wire Forum

S&W model 63

Pat Riot

I had ordered an S&W 63 at my LGS and today I went in to fill out the DROS (dealer record of sale) so the DOJ could again play their part in my life of waiting 10 days before I could actually possess and shoot my new toy. I pick it up Dec. 7th. 

86CA0643-368F-4522-AFD7-811FAED58387.thumb.jpeg.ff36188eb48aa9983fd6b5b8aaa49f6e.jpeg

Sorry the photo isn’t that great, but what a nice little 8 shooter. :D

Niceee!  I had been wanting a 317 Airlite for the longest time.  That is the aluminum version of the 63.  But nobody had one.  Finally I found two at a gun show and a Model 63 which went for about $100.00 more than the 317.  Being a cheapskate I opted for the 317.  Ever since I have been regretting it.  

Enjoy it.

Heck of a date for a gun pick up.-_-

OLG 

Paste up a couple of Tojo targets. ;)

That'll be a fun plinking gun!!

I think so. :)

I reeeaallly wanted a 617 with a 4” barrel and then I picked one up. Holy Cow! 40 ounces! 
This one has just enough heft but not too much. I am not sure I will like the front optic sight but I will give it a good testing before deciding on going with a red ramp sight or something else. In the store it seems just fine. 
I really am looking forward to shooting it in 9 days 5 hours 19 minutes plus 7 minutes drive time and 4 minutes of range check in.  Oops now it’s 9 days 5 hours and 18 minutes...

Archived