SASS Wire Forum

New tradition? I don’t think so!

Utah Bob #35998

This is making the rounds today on the news shows.

Because it’s “National Family Health History Day" (and who dreamed that up?), share your medical history at the Thanksgiving table. Seriously? Let me tell ya about my tumor. How about you, Aunt Matilda? How’d that colon problem turn out? Pass the taters please. :wacko:

Let me tell ya about the intestinal issues from taking penicillin! Please pass the gravy Ma!

I hate to say this but that might be more appealing than listening to some Vegan prattle on about their diet and we are “all a bunch of losers for eating a bird.”

Grrrrr....

I hate to say this but that might be more appealing than listening to some Vegan prattle on about their diet and we are “all a bunch of losers for eating a bird.”

Grrrrr....

My youngest daughter is a vegetarian, not vegan. However, she doesn't judge or comment. I believe if she had a vegan friend, she would warn them ahead of time that to comment in judgment would bring ridicule, abuse and more in that friend's direction. Possibly with comment about the years we had pheasant I hunted for Thanksgiving instead of turkey, complete with discussion about the "ringing of the neck."

Grrrrr....

In my youth, I worked with turkeys from the brood house to being loaded for the processing plant. 

I told my vegetarian step daughter that eating domestic turkey was fine as they do not have a brain in their head and I would consider them vegetables!:lol:

Grrrrr....

We don't have any vegans in our family. None!

In my youth, I worked with turkeys from the brood house to being loaded for the processing plant. 

I told my vegetarian step daughter that eating domestic turkey was fine as they do not have a brain in their head and I would consider them vegetables!:lol:

I consider vegans same way.

I don’t even need the link to know the scene. Too funny!

While it is farce and way overdone it does capture the attitude of Greeks in the US, at least as far as I have seen from attending may Greek Festivals at various churches.

Archived