SASS Wire Forum

Virginia proposal to make firearms training illegal

Dantankerous

How long before general shooting events will be illegal under this crap?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJQ3M2xcwv0&feature=youtu.be

By definition a concealed carry class would qualify you for a felony. An advanced defensive pistol course would qualify you for a felony. Learning how to protect yourself and your family would qualify you for a felony. Becoming a more proficiant and safe firearms handling would qualify you for a felony.

How long before somebody decides that a cowboy action shooting match is militia training?

Virginia is really in a bad way right now with even worse to come. I lived there a majority of my life. It was never like that. It can happen anywhere, unfortunately. People become complacent and fail to vote, we loose our freedoms

I found it interesting that the reading of the bill says "you are guilty" of a felony.  Doesn't say anything about being subject to arrest or anything like that.  Just plain "you are guilty"..  Where is the due process as guaranteed by the US Constitution?

I found it interesting that the reading of the bill says "you are guilty" of a felony.  Doesn't say anything about being subject to arrest or anything like that.  Just plain "you are guilty"..  Where is the due process as guaranteed by the US Constitution?

You make an astute observation. Frightening results here, obviously. Gun owners will just naturally be guilty and no due process needed. Judge Dred anyone?

Obviously today's anti constitution liberal wing of the Democrat party if not the entire Democrat party does not wish to follow the law or have the law as written applied to this country citizens ever.

When the insanity is coming as far south as Virginia times are getting bad. At some point we are all going to have to decide where the line in the sand is. We'll also need to figure out what we are going to do when they cross that line.

CK, we still have a functioning legal system.  When anti-gun legislation passes and is signed into law it needs to be immediately challenged by a well-funded legal team.  Ordinary gun owners need to donate to ensure a quality legal challenge.  Some just say the NRA will take care of the case but don't help out.  That's insufficient.

we still have a functioning legal system

I'd say we have a semi functioning legal system. The rights of citizens in some states are not as well protected as those who live in other states. I'm very fortunate to live in a state which respects 2a rights. You are absolutely right that we need to contribute to the judicial and political battles taking place throughout the country. Standing back and letting others do the work is how we will all lose our rights.

Archived