SASS Wire Forum

It's all the same side match

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

Consider the following side match...

One .22 rifle

One Pistol

One Main Match Rifle

One rifle caliber repeating Rifle

Sounds pretty simply right?   Well, here's the kicker, the shooter must somehow assert that all the guns have something in common.  It can be as simple as they are all made by Uberti, or they are all antiques or any other connection that the shooter can claim.   No excuse, no matter how flimsy, would be disputed.  Perhaps as an incentive to try harder, after it is all over it could be judged as to whoever had the best "justification" gets a small prize.  Maybe a gift certificate to a local gunshop or something.

I suppose you could add a shotgun, but that might make it harder to think of a connection.

In other words, find a fun way to be creative in mixing the guns together.    Any takers?

ALL guns have something in common, regardless of caliber, style, etc......

Example:  all mine have a steel barrel.   All of them utilize a spring for hammer strength.

All of them have a firing pin, etc.........

And ALL of them have the same inferior shooter pulling the trigger..... :lol:

Did I win?

..........Widder

ALL guns have something in common, regardless of caliber, style, etc......

Example:  all mine have a steel barrel.   All of them utilize a spring for hammer strength.

All of them have a firing pin, etc.........

And ALL of them have the same inferior shooter pulling the trigger..... :lol:

Did I win?

..........Widder

:FlagAm:You won alright.  Now go sit in the corner with the dunce hat on and continually sing "It's A Small World After All".

Chas B.

So two of the rifles could be exactly alike?

”One Main Match Rifle

One rifle caliber repeating Rifle”?

i don’t care for that stage scenario, but it could work with a more likely assortment of weapons......fewer weapons, 2 on-the-clock reloads, and many more targets, including knockdowns.

Cat Brules

So two of the rifles could be exactly alike?

”One Main Match Rifle

One rifle caliber repeating Rifle”?

i don’t care for that stage scenario, but it could work with a more likely assortment of weapons......fewer weapons, 2 on-the-clock reloads, and many more targets, including knockdowns.

Cat Brules

Uhm...   No.   The Main Match rifle would shoot a pistol caliber like .32-20 or .45 Colt.  The rifle caliber rifle would shoot something like .30-30 or .45-70.

The whole point is to mix it up to something very different.   

Archived