SASS Wire Forum

What are these terms called?

Alpo

Parts of speech.

These are both pronouns, but they are opposing versions of the same pronoun. I'm sure there is a term for this, but I don't know it.

I and me

She and her

He and him

They and them

We and us

You use the first one for the subject of a sentence, and the other one is used for the object of a preposition.

Bob and I went to the Saloon (ACS).

Bottles gave a free beer to Bob and me.

We said nasty things about Mark Flint, and he threw a spittoon at us. We picked it up and threw it back at him.

Is there a specific term for the pronouns used in the subject of a sentence, and another term for the pronouns used as an object of the preposition?

If Palewolf had taken the time to read the second sentence of my original post, he would have seen but THAT I was fully aware they were pronouns.

If you had taken the time to read his link you would have seen the descriptions of subjective, objective, possessive , demonstrative, etc., pronouns, which appear To have been the reasons for your inquiry.

If you had taken the time to read his link you would have seen the descriptions of subjective, objective, possessive , demonstrative, etc., pronouns, which appear To have been the reasons for your inquiry.

I was unaware it was a link. I thought he was just stating in bold upper case red letters, that they were pronouns.

Palewolf, I apologize.

Parts of speech.

These are both pronouns, but they are opposing versions of the same pronoun. I'm sure there is a term for this, but I don't know it.

I and me

She and her

He and him

They and them

We and us

You use the first one for the subject of a sentence, and the other one is used for the object of a preposition.

Bob and I went to the Saloon (ACS).

Bottles gave a free beer to Bob and me.

We said nasty things about Mark Flint, and he threw a spittoon at us. We picked it up and threw it back at him.

Is there a specific term for the pronouns used in the subject of a sentence, and another term for the pronouns used as an object of the preposition?

I can help with some of them, but probably not all of them.

I and me.......... I'm  or I is.

They and them.........  Thays

We and us............. We-uns or  Weeuns, pronounced Weeunz.

:o

..........Widder

Remember these

Multiplication Rock was good. 

Then they ran out of numbers, so started Schoolhouse Rock. Some of those were okay. Some were pretty lame.

That one could use a set of crutches. ;)

Undangling  participles

My cat had dangling participles.  We had them removed.  I too keep mine covered. 

Isn't that the purpose of an athletic supporter?

An athletic supporter is someone who cheers for their favorite sports team.

Nouns, pronouns, adjectives, adverbs, it is all Greek to me.  Maybe Subdeacon Joe can help us with the Greek translation.  English wasn't my best subject.  Bad English I can do just fine.

Archived