SASS Wire Forum

Flew with somebody famous today...

Charlie Harley, #14153

On my flight from Des Moines to Minneapolis this evening was none other than Senator Elizabeth Warren.  She was in full campaign mode, shaking hands and posing for selfies with everybody who wanted. She even rode coach in the way back seats.

The amusing part to me was her entourage. Not a soul over the age of 30, and a demographic mix that would claim great diversity, selectively forgetting the glaringly absent subsets therein.  

And the facial expressions were positively priceless.  A hilarious mix of doe-eyed fan crush and shear panic that brought to mind a litter of nursing puppies when mama gets up to go outside for a minute.   At least they’re engaged in the political process and not home playing video games.

Allie, if this gets too political, feel free to shut it down.  I don’t dislike the senator or her staff. The whole circus was just amusing.

The nice thing about this is; isn’t it great that she can feel safe enough in this wonderful country to travel on commercial airlines? That says a lot about the reality of living in the United States. I wonder if that is lost on her?

The nice thing about this is; isn’t it great that she can feel safe enough in this wonderful country to travel on commercial airlines? That says a lot about the reality of living in the United States. I wonder if that is lost on her?

Doubtful. But acknowledging it would severely undermine her political platform.

Too bad that someone in a MAGA hat can't.

"On my flight from Des Moines to Minneapolis this evening was none other than Senator Elizabeth Warren. "

Her broom must have been at the dealership for service

Infamous.

I seriously doubt that she or any of her entourage suffered the same screenings, delays, etc., that the routine passengers go through. It makes me wonder how many members of the masses got shunted aside or put on hold to enable her to flow through with minimal disruption to her schedule.

Were there any media types trailing along in her wake, or just her and her minions?

She can fly with no problems but someone wearing a MAGA hat would probably be hassled!:angry:

It was carefully scripted to make her look like one of the masses.
I bet there were several Air Marshals on board as security.

Wonder how many people were bumped so her visible and invisible entourage could travel together?  

Smoking on board commercial aircraft is prohibited by federal law. ;)

Really??? Wow since when Capt. Obvious? :P

Everyone has some degree of being famous, whether it be the neighborhood mechanic who fixes

all the broken chains on everyones bikes or the local HS basketball player who hit the winning jump shot.

Even here on the Wire, there are those considered 'famous' for various reasons.

Elizabeth Warren is famous for her ideas considered good by some and not very favorable by others.

If it weren't for the inventor of the Microphone (who's name isn't well known), she probably

wouldn't be so famous, as with many others.

Within about 2 years, her name will be long forgotten.  And her air planes flights will go unnoticed.

But 10-20 years from now, we will still know about Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone, Nepoleon,

The Beatles, John Wayne, George Washington, etc.......

Heck, even Hitler can be considered famous.

..........Widder

Elizabeth Warren is famous for her ideas considered good by some and not very favorable by others.

If it weren't for the inventor of the Microphone (who's name isn't well known), she probably

wouldn't be so famous, as with many others.

..........Widder

Michael Fōn. I think he was Swedish.

But 10-20 years from now, we will still know about Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone, Nepoleon,

The Beatles, John Wayne, George Washington, etc.......

Heck, even Hitler can be considered famous.

I'm sure most millennials don't even know about Davy Crockett or Daniel Boone. In another generation Napoleon, John Wayne, and George Washington will pass. They'll still know about the Beatles however, and they'll have to know about Hitler or else what will they call their enemies?

I am certain that as she is a presidential candidate currently politicking for office she flew coach on purpose.

Several years ago I boarded a flight from Dallas to Wichita and on that same flight in coach was one of our current (at the time) US Representatives and his wife.  I recognized him immediately as I had been to a campaign rally and party or 2 in support of him but no one else on the flight recognized them and they were maintaining a low profile. I thought it interesting that the conservative politician acted one way while I've read accounts of liberal politicians over the years on flights acting just the opposite.  Of course there's always Sen. Larry Craig from Idaho in the airport bathroom but we won't go there… :blink:

Sure, a tiny sample example of a large country with lots of polititians but it did not surprise me.

Of course there's always Sen. Larry Craig from Idaho in the airport bathroom but we won't go there… :blink:

And on the other side of that page was Barney Frank...  Frank was celebrated; Craig was prosecuted.  :mellow:

Speaking of Pocahontas, she has just introduced a bill to revoke the Medal of Honor given to recipients following the Wounded Knee Massacre:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/warren-introduces-bill-to-revoke-medals-of-honor-awarded-for-wounded-knee-massacre/ar-BBXpMiy

Just wondering.  Is flying the best way to fight global warming and climate change? It must be! All the candidates do it. 

I know if I was worth $12,000,000 net worth I wouldn’t be flying coach. 

I had a chance meeting with Gordon Jump ( Arthur Carlson WKRP in Cincinnati ) in an elevator in Des Moines. He repeated that famous line for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FXSnoy71Q4

On the infamous side, I was involved in an arrest of Charles Hatcher, a serial killer. He told a 12 yr. old boy at a local store that he was store security and the boy would have to come with him. He took the boy out the back of the store and into a wooded area. He tried to tie the boy with some nylon cords he had in his pocket. The boy got away and Hatcher was arrested. While taking him into court. Hatcher slammed his head into a block wall and had to be taken to the hospital. He ended up at the state mental hospital and, due to a clerical error, was released a few months later. He returned to Missouri and would kill again. Hatcher hanged himself in his cell, at the state prison in Jefferson City. https://wickedwe.com/charles-ray-hatcher/

Archived