SASS Wire Forum

What's with EMF?

EMF now requires all BP guns headed for MA (and some other states) to go to an FFL???

What's the deal?   Haven't heard about any new regs or threats; last I knew, MA followed the definition that excludes BP guns from "firearms", and so no FFL required.

Has something changed, or is EMF worried about some issue that does not exist?

LL

If it affects you, a call to EMF might get it explained.  Maybe EMF just doesn’t trust The State of Maine.  It probably has to do with how the language in the State law is versed.  Or maybe the State requires it, but Federal law does not.  In my view, if that’s the case, the State requirement is questionable.  But then, I’m not an attorney.

CB

Maybe EMF just doesn’t trust The State of Maine.

As Moosegirl, a good friend of mine, would be quick to point out - Maine is ME.

Loophole's in Massahoosess.

Yeah, okay.  MA means Maine...I get it.   ME means Messatoochits.  Watt else?

:blush:

Cat Brules

Yeah, okay.  MA means Maine...I get it.   ME means Messatoochits.  Watt else?

:blush:

Cat Brules

You’re gettin close. How about Alaska and Indiana? :lol:

EMF now requires all BP guns headed for MA (and some other states) to go to an FFL???

What's the deal?   Haven't heard about any new regs or threats; last I knew, MA followed the definition that excludes BP guns from "firearms", and so no FFL required.

Has something changed, or is EMF worried about some issue that does not exist?

LL

Cabela's is the same, they will not ship a BP gun to MA.

I recall stories from some other shooting forums that dealt with more modern type firearms that MA would sue companies that shipped shooting supplies, ammo and equipment to MA even if those items were technically legal under both MA & Federal law.  The vendors decided it just wasn't worth the aggravation and legal costs even if they did win versus the amount of money they were making in MA.

Archived