SASS Wire Forum

Found a FFL to use

Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104

:FlagAm:I am purchasing a long gun from out of state and was wondering if I could get a recommendation for a FFL holder to receive the firearm.  I have not purchased an out of state gun in a long time.  The shop I used to use is now closed.  Would like to stay in east valley, Mesa, AZ area if possible.

Thank you for any assistance.

Chas B:D

In Canada We can Buy and Sell and Ship Long guns between Provinces and Territories ( Think States ) person to person , Dealer to Person , Person to Dealer or Dealer to Dealer  No problem .... So it seems that some of your laws are more restrictive than ours in our Nanny State ....

I find that to be Sad .....

I believe that Law-abiding Citzens Should be able to buy and Sell Property with-out Government interference ....

Have a Great day ...

Jabez Cowboy

Chas .. Take your pick of Mesa dealers ... https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Gun+Store&find_loc=Mesa%2C+AZ

PS ... The Internet is always a great source of varied information. In this example just key Mesa AZ gun dealers into you browser :P

:FlagAm:Thanks for the info.  Have already looked there.  Was hoping that a local shooter could give me a personal recommendation regarding a shop he or she likes to do business with.  Or maybe a shooter that holds an FFL.

Chas;) 

In Canada We can Buy and Sell and Ship Long guns between Provinces and Territories ( Think States ) person to person , Dealer to Person , Person to Dealer or Dealer to Dealer  No problem .... So it seems that some of your laws are more restrictive than ours in our Nanny State ....

I believe that Law-abiding Citzens Should be able to buy and Sell Property with-out Government interference ....

Have a Great day ...

Jabez Cowboy

:FlagAm:And what does this have to do with me asking for a recommendation for a FFL holder that some of my follow shooters like to do business with?

Chas:(

AJI Sports in Apache Junction. It’s on The north side of Main Street just barely outside Mesa. Good guys to deal with, fair cost for a transfer, and the gunsmith is as SASS shooter. 

AJI Sporting Goods

Address:

10444 East Apache Trail Apache Junction, AZ 85120

Looks like you may have found someone.  FWIW, I've had good luck using Buds gunshop online FFL finder.  They tend to list a lot of "local guys" that aren't necessarily a full blown store and their site also lists the last reported cost of transfers, so you can see what you're getting into.  Usually a couple of phone calls and you can tell who you want to deal with...

Have a Great day ...

Jabez Cowboy

:FlagAm:And what does this have to do with me asking for a recommendation for a FFL holder that some of my follow shooters like to do business with?

Chas:(

He's just trying to make us a little jealous.  And I am.  :P  Of course I think most of us in the U.S. have it better in general concerning gun rights.  ;)

BTW, he's right about Law-abiding citizens being able to buy and sell property without Gov't interference.

Angus

I just found it Ironic that I some ways you have it Worse than we Do ....

And that made me rather Sad .... I strongly feel that government's should stay out of Our Business...

I have been fighting against the Government taking my Gun Rights away for over 45 Years ....

We need to stop giving them even an Inch ,,,,, because they will inch Us to Death ...

Jabez Cowboy

We need to stop giving them even an Inch ,,,,, because they will inch Us to Death ...

Jabez Cowboy

Truer words were never spoken.

Waimea

:FlagAm:I truly get what is being stated here.  My wife is Canadian born with all her living relatives north of our border.  Trust me, I have had many a non "Thanksgiving" dinner and discussion with them.  I will say however, the real Cuban cigars are wonderful.  My earlier comment was focused on that what was stated had no relevance to what I was asking help with.

If the OP of that post wanted to voice his sentiments regarding differences pertaining to firearm sales between individuals in Canada and the United States of America, he is truly welcome to do so in a separate posting.

What I was asking for was nothing more than a recommendation from local shooters of an FFL holder they have used and have been pleased doing business with. Nothing different than asking what mechanic or repair shop you have had positive dealings with.

I always ask people who they do business with.  Because of that, I have always had a positive experience with the businesses I ultimately do business with.

The mechanic shop that performs work I cannot do on our C2 and C3 Corvettes is different from the shop that works on our C5 Corvette or our 8.1L dually pickup. Every individual business has a specific skill set.  Gun shops and FFL holders are no different.

I have found an exceptional shop and FFL holder to use for this transaction and future work on my firearms.

Thank you and to all here have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

Not always a complete butt head,

Chas B :P

:FlagAm:I truly get what is being stated here.  My wife is Canadian born with all her living relatives north of our border.  Trust me, I have had many a non "Thanksgiving" dinner and discussion with them.  I will say however, the real Cuban cigars are wonderful.  My earlier comment was focused on that what was stated had no relevance to what I was asking help with.

If the OP of that post wanted to voice his sentiments regarding differences pertaining to firearm sales between individuals in Canada and the United States of America, he is truly welcome to do so in a separate posting.

What I was asking for was nothing more than a recommendation from local shooters of an FFL holder they have used and have been pleased doing business with. Nothing different than asking what mechanic or repair shop you have had positive dealings with.

I always ask people who they do business with.  Because of that, I have always had a positive experience with the businesses I ultimately do business with.

The mechanic shop that performs work I cannot do on our C2 and C3 Corvettes is different from the shop that works on our C5 Corvette or our 8.1L dually pickup. Every individual business has a specific skill set.  Gun shops and FFL holders are no different.

I have found an exceptional shop and FFL holder to use for this transaction and future work on my firearms.

Thank you and to all here have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

Not always a complete butt head,

Chas B :P

Glad you found the FFL you need.  Sorry about sidetracking the conversation.  That's just kind of what happens here on the wire and in conversation in general.

BTW, speaking about mechanics, Corvettes and duallys...  :D

Happy Thanksgiving.

Angus

Archived