SASS Wire Forum

Sometimes She Knows JUST What to Say

DocWard

So, the mother of a child that I am currently serving as the Guardian ad Litem for was charged with threatening an elderly gentleman with a running chainsaw. Yes, I get all kinds.

I was joking with my wife that I needed to check my Karate notebook to see if I had any techniques for dealing with a person wielding a chainsaw.

My wife's response, was immediate, succinct, and right on the money.

"I'm sure your Walther PPK has a technique for it."

Mmm ... Sixgun Sheridan does have a point ...

I was going to submit that the technique of Klik Pao was generally effective against a chainsaw opponent ... but I had not considered the possibility he raised!

So, the mother of a child that I am currently serving as the Guardian ad Litem for was charged with threatening an elderly gentleman with a running chainsaw. Yes, I get all kinds.

I was joking with my wife that I needed to check my Karate notebook to see if I had any techniques for dealing with a person wielding a chainsaw.

My wife's response, was immediate, succinct, and right on the money.

"I'm sure your Walther PPK has a technique for it."

It worked for Indiana Jones. Although he didn't use a Walther

Yeah, but if she is a ninja expert and deflects all the bullets with the blade of her chainsaw THEN what are you going to do? :blink:

_DSC0170.jpg

Gonna go all Rocky on her? This is you doing your road work, before you start pounding on her like she's a side of beef?

A chainsaw wielding ninja that can deflect bullets? We'll call that a plan... Plan Z

Yeah, but if she is a ninja expert and deflects all the bullets with the blade of her chainsaw THEN what are you going to do? :blink:

You aim for her head.

She will cut her own face off with the chain saw.

Would work for me.

Cat Brules

Its ALL in the conversation Doc.

Just look at her and seriously ask..... "Whats that on your nose?"

When she reaches up to scratch or rub it, she either cuts her head in half or she

lowers the chain saw with one hand and 'kisses' her knee cap with 1000 chomps.

..........Widder

I thought that whole thing was because they stole his Mach 1 and made him have to drive a Chevy.:blink:

Both!

Hey Doc:

I don't see anyone else with a number in that photo.....are you way out in front, or way far behind? ;)

LL

Probably WAY far behind, but still beating all of those who didn't get out of their seats and try! B) You want to see slow times, though, look at my scores at a CAS match!

Seriously, I was in the "back of the middle" at that race, and didn't do particularly well. But, hey, do I look like I'm built like a runner? My daughter jokes that I'm built like a linebacker, but I run because "the heck with genetics." I hadn't trained as much as I would like, and my daughter kept insisting on running over flat terrain when we did. We entered that one on a whim (nice technical fabric long sleeve tees and a finisher's medal). There were a couple of brutal hills on that course, which is a couple of miles from the highest point in Ohio. They got my attention and ruined any thoughts of a good finishing time. But, I did it.

I am positive I can outrun somebody wielding a chainsaw and chasing me. I'm not an Olympic athlete but I guarantee my adrenaline would have something to do with that.

If someone else needed to be protected or if the area I was being attacked in did not allow for escape plan B would involve copious amounts of a lead delivery system being employed.

Honestly I would rather someone come at me with a chainsaw than a meat cleaver or machete. A chainsaw would definitely hurt, but it's a heavy, cumbersome device and you could probably out-run anybody trying to turn you into firewood. On the other hand I once noticed how easily my tiny ex-wife could make short work of a chicken carcass with our meat cleaver, and I decided right then and there I didn't want to ever piss her off while she was holding that thing.

Archived