SASS Wire Forum

Turnbull Winchester 73 45colt

Will ballard

Howdy there,

for the sake of education, what makes a turnbull different from say Uberti or Miroku 1873? 

I can see the aesthetics but is there any mechanical advantage? 

Thanks

MOE

A turnbull is either an Uberti or Miroku. Turnbull usually gets them in the white and finishes them with their custom case color hardening as well as custom high quality wood with beautiful grain. You can see the obvious difference just by looking at them. I believe most also come with a nice action job, short stroke, and a shotgun buttplate. I do wish I could afford one and/or they came in 44-40. Beautiful guns.

The rifle pictured is a Miroku.  As such, the base rifle is more expensive than a similar Uberti.  The Turnbull finishing, and other upgrades, is what adds a premium.

The rifle pictured is a Miroku.  As such, the base rifle is more expensive than a similar Uberti.  The Turnbull finishing, and other upgrades, is what adds a premium.

Is Turnbull a process? Or a company?

Is “turnbulling” what makes the finish so refined? 

Is Turnbull a process? Or a company?

Is “turnbulling” what makes the finish so refined? 

Turnbull Restoration Company, Bloomfield, NY.  Their case coloring process is probably the best in the industry.  Look up the website: turnbullrestoration.com.

All info given is correct it starts out as a Miroku sent to turnbull for case color,  red stock finish as well as demand 2x wood from factory,  they install a short stroke kit and tune action.  

Pictures do not do it justice it is new unfired 

All info given is correct it starts out as a Miroku sent to turnbull for case color,  red stock finish as well as demand 2x wood from factory,  they install a short stroke kit and tune action.  

Pictures do not do it justice it is new unfired 

Oh wow! 

https://www.turnbullrestoration.com

I looked the company and process up. They are absolutely amazing. 

I'm always just a few thousand dollars short of beauties such as this. This is a family heirloom and a very competitive firearm. Worth every penny.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived