SASS Wire Forum

Creating a chocolate dessert...

No, nothing “green” in the ingredients.  :rolleyes:

My 2nd daughter owns two preschools, 100 to 130 kids in each with 20 or so teachers each. She told me she is having a provided lunch for Monday and Tuesday of this week. I promised a dessert. I am sure she is having the caterer do something also.she is always well prepared.

i thought about desserts. These are my specifications, nobody influenced my selections. (1) it must be chocolate. This is a female dominated industry, if she hires a male teacher, her insurance goes UP. (2) It must be unique, nobody can go into an establishment and order it off the menu, I did not attempt to duplicate someone else’s signature dish. (3) Love it or hate it, it must be memorable. When I told Samantha what it was, she said “decadent”.  I said, “No. no cream”

footnote on that. At the annual chowder competition, I have had visitors ask “Where can I buy this?” I said “you can’t”

so I came to thinking, a brownie, a fudge, a mousse, a ganache?  Continue thinking....  I have a recipe in the back of my brain, a Julia Child recipe, La Bombe au Trois Chocolats.  A magnificent creation but I dare say requires a little too much involvement best if I am present to slice, add the raspberry sauce and whipped cream to order. I really want to drop off a box and disappear.  So I settled on a fancy brownie.

i don’t know how the picture will be included. These iPads do funny things  ))))

anyway the original idea was a brownie with a peanut butter inclusion.  Ok, but not right.

finally a brownie with a little extra chocolate with an inclusion of almond butter, honey and dark rum. I put half the brownie batter into the brownie pan, pipe the nut butter randomly, then cover with the rest of the brownie batter.

yeah, yeah, somebody wants a recipe. It will happen

D028AC31-9DDB-4BDD-B059-ECB049E4FD67.jpeg

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

My 2nd daughter owns two preschools, 100 to 130 kids in each with 20 or so teachers each. She told me she is having a provided lunch for Monday and Tuesday of this week.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

finally a brownie with a little extra chocolate with an inclusion of almond butter, honey and dark rum

These two things don't seem like they should go together.

So no worries about nut allergies with that many kids involved?

Archived