SASS Wire Forum

BIG STORM COMING ? . . to high desert ca.

Wolfgang, SASS #53480

I heard a third hand warning this morning of a bit storm coming that may bring snow to Palm Spring.  I'm located about 40 miles north of there at 3,000 ft in the high desert.  I played safe just now by getting out a wheel barrow and moving wood.  Both in sided that cottage and filling up the outside "dry wood" storage area.  Also covered the wood that is in the wood ricks.   Do not know if the warning has merit or not.   :huh:

We’re supposed to have a White Thanksgiving. Had about an inch on Thursday but it’s all melted now. The forecast was dead on though. The Natnl Weather Svc website is getting pretty good.

The thing I have learned in California is that the more the weather guessers pump up a weather event the less chance it has of being as big a deal as they make it. 

I copied this from my Weatherbug weather app. I trust them a helluva lot more that they TV / Radio weather forecasts. 

B2E07B7E-DED6-4AEA-AFF8-01DBA788EF76.thumb.png.4e5398b988f590bc3e2fd6183bceb10a.pngC83FBD67-3B45-49CC-84F6-EBD45F3900F8.thumb.png.c2488c73e2548fe4a29b516a32bf90de.png

As the jet stream flows, I am in the path of something coming my way from your way in southern CA.  Depending who you ask, Flagstaff is forecasting up to 2 feet of snow.  I just know i'm restocking the hay barn on Wednesday.  If I put the plow back on we'll get rain for sure and no snow.  I'm reinstalling it.  Time to shoot revolvers only, its easier to find your brass when there is snow on the ground.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Archived