SASS Wire Forum

Protest at Yale/Harvard game

Rye Miles #13621

I don't watch or care about college football at all but this really got my attention! Ridiculous!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50534143

This kind of foolishness has been going as long as there have been students.  Somehow, they seem to think that they should control the investment decisions of the endowments, and that their "social justice" beliefs should overrule sound investment decisions.  They should ask Mommy and Daddy how they feel about taking a hit on their IRAs if their investment advisers dump all their oil and gas stocks.  This ain't apartheid in South Africa; how exactly would these kids heat their dorms if Harvard dumped it's oil and gas suppliers? 

LL 

Yale and Harvard. Say no more.
Colorado School of Mines beat Sioux Falls in a Division 2 playoff yesterday. No protests were observed. :D

I'd like to see a survey done to see how many of these cry babies are wearing anything made of or with petroleum products:  plastics, artificial rubber, dyes, paints, inks, lots of cosmetics and some soaps, etc., and how many got to the stadium by donkey cart or solar powered vehicles. They are not only uneducated and boorish, they are universally hypocritical.

What do they think......oh hell, never mind.  None of them has had a truly original thought in their life time.

More AOC's in the making.

If I saw a kid of mine taking time from classes to participate in some crap like this I'd cut his / her funding then and there.  When they came home to complain (on their own dime) I'd drive them down to the local armed forces recruiting offices and tell them to take their choice.

Some one on the news wondered if all the protesters came to the game on their bicycles   LOL         GW

I'm thinking they would have added weight to their argument had they been wearing clothing woven from hemp fibers instead of logo gear designed to make the university money?

Just now, Smoky Pistols said:

I'm thinking they would have added weight to their argument had they been wearing clothing woven from hemp fibers instead of logo gear designed to make the university money?

Or not wearing clothing at all...

On 11/24/2019 at 4:59 PM, G W Wade said:

Some one on the news wondered if all the protesters came to the game on their bicycles   LOL         GW

Even if they did they were still using a LOT of petroleum products, not even counting their clothes and the use of petroleum in the gathering, manufacturing, and transporting a bicycle.

Archived