SASS Wire Forum

Nugent

Utah Bob #35998

Just like the people who look down their aristocratic noses at people who show up for a hunt in jeans, beat up boots, plaid shirt, and carrying a '30s vintage rifle instead of new Abercrombie & Fitch togs, with the newest Weatherby "must have" rifle chambered in an insanely expensive Weatherby proprietary round.

Thanks.  I agree.  I took this fat spike a week ago and we are enjoying him at the table already!  No one else among my hunting friends saw a deer, so I have not had complaints, only envy!!

D0B5FD8C-7F23-45CE-8D74-7329CC4C4921.thumb.jpeg.fc8f9c8720b37baef05399fb9d1612ed.jpeg

In my opinion, a yearling spike tastes better then a 12 year old 14 point.

But I've never heard anyone say not to shoot the spike. I've heard people complain about headhunters. LEAVE THAT 14-POINT ALONE. LET HIM LIVE SO HE CAN FATHER MORE BIG DEER WITH HUGE RACKS - PASS ON HIS GENES.

I have killed and eat about everything over the last 40 years of hunting. 

I have found that Horns dont even make good soup :huh:

1 hour ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

I have killed and eat about everything over the last 40 years of hunting. 

I have found that Horns dont even make good soup :huh:

But they do make nice knife handles,  buttons,  and other such items. 

I had a Mulie Doe tag in my Pocket this Morning ,,,,,,,, Now I have about 250 pounds of skinned deer hanging in the garage .....

First morning out this year ....

Jabez Cowboy

I believe in Ted's philosophy and that's what irritates me so much about government. Some yahoo, bureaucrat or politician is always trying to make my choices for me.  Just leave me alone. I don't need nor want your guidance. 

PF

That is a nice #1, and I like your taste in scopes.

I use a #1 in .303 British with a 4X M8, and I shoot does when I can.

Duffield

Sorry guys....I don't have any use for Ted Nugent. He is a convicted big game hunting violator. Cited and convicted in Alaska and California for taking game illegally. He is no spokesman for me.

Archived