SASS Wire Forum

Reloading - Deal of the Century

John Boy

In by insomniac hours I put together the workbench.  It would have been nice to have a helper but I improvised and struggled on by myself.   

It meets my expectations and will be well worth what it cost for what I'm going to use it for - mainly craft work and maybe some video shoots. 

I got Gorilla glue but didn't use it on the frame.  It seems penty solid. And I figured I could snug up the bolts as needed or even come back and glue up wiggly joints.  I did use glue on the drawers.  

The cross tie board under the drawers is a joke. It looks like it's made of some pressed paper.  The screws went in about like pushing a thumbtack into a corkboard.  I'll replace it with real wood. 

The drawers don't glide in and out worth a darn.  But they seem to be working better after being exercised a few times.

I talked about adding some filler block behind the trim around the top.  But I just got to thinking it may be even better to make like a 2x2 trim of oak around the outside to make an edge to clamp to.  Maybe walnut?  That would be a nice upgrade. 

Archived