SASS Wire Forum

phone charging question

Alpo

Would having more stuff in memory make the phone take longer to charge?

The last couple of days this thing seemed to be taking forever. Just now when I turned it on it told me I had a 90% charge and would have a full charge in 5 hours.

About 5 days ago I put maybe three gigs of music on the phone. And that's about when it started taking much more time than usual to charge.

That's the only thing that I can think of that might be causing the change. Any of you phone geniuses know?

did you change your charger recently?  For rapid charge phones need a charger capable of supplying more current than computer USB ports and many inexpensive chargers can supply.

It is also possible that you charger is failing.

27 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

did you change your charger recently?  For rapid charge phones need a charger capable of supplying more current than computer USB ports and many inexpensive chargers can supply.

It is also possible that you charger is failing.

What he said. ^^^^^

If you have a charger plugged into an outlet feel it while it’s charging the phone. If it’s warm it’s okay. If it’s hot it’s not. Get rid of it and buy another. 

Memory has nothing to do with charging UNLESS you activated a bunch of apps that are running in the background after downloading a bunch of stuff and that could slow the charge down. 

Could be your battery is no longer taking a charge as well as it used to. When batteries start to go bad, they take longer to charge until they will no longer charge. I can't see where data (songs) would have any effect on the charging cycle.

Have ya re-booted the thing?  :huh:

Sure glad my ol' flip-phone ain't so particular....  :)

If it’s an iPhone, an iPad charger will fit and  recharge the phone faster than the regular phone charger.  

My wife had a couple of years worth of text messages on her iPhone that discharged the battery quickly.  When she deleted most of the texts battery life improved dramatically.

Try turning the phone off and see how long it takes to charge. Then  you will know whether you have a battery or a program problem.

Duffield

Howdy,

I check the phone power every night and morning.

Usually only one or two percent get used overnight.

If its more, I check for apps that were left running.

Some are real power burners while doing nothing useful.

Best

CR

I don’t even know how to put music on my phone. :P

On 11/22/2019 at 10:57 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Have ya re-booted the thing?  :huh:

Sure glad my ol' flip-phone ain't so particular....  :)

Same here and I don't even text from it....It is a phone...It will make a call and get a call....What more do I need....My thoughts any way....

Texas Lizard

I would agree with rebooting.  You might try charging with a different cable as well, charge cable failure seems to be very common..  I have found that the charge ports get plugged up with pocket lint, check and clean the port if necessary. A straightened out staple works nicely for this job.

Archived