SASS Wire Forum

I guess O.K. isn't O.K anymore!

Trailrider #896

According to a column in the New Yawk Times, using "O.K." in telecom nowadays is considered rude or overbearing or something.  Instead, you are supposed to  use "kk"!  Personally, if replying to a message or directive, I just reply, "Roger, that!" or if asked to do something, "WILCO!"  Guess that dates me and tells you where I come from.  Do you "roger"? :rolleyes:

I've roger'd, but still OK. Saw somewhere the ok with your thumb touching your index finger and the others held up is now considered some sort of hate thing. What are we coming to? People just got to get the hell over it like Mulvaney said!

If someone tells me OK isn’t Okay I am afraid I won’t be OK with that and if the tell me they want me to use “KK” or Ku Klux as an OK response I believe I might tell them to FO. <_<

Gave a short talk to employees about email SPAM, including how to use filter to block or prevent blocking email addresses. Got called on the carpet this morning; seems "blacklist" and "whitelist", standard industry terms, are not "sensitive" descriptions.

6 minutes ago, Palouse said:

Gave a short talk to employees about email SPAM, including how to use filter to block or prevent blocking email addresses. Got called on the carpet this morning; seems "blacklist" and "whitelist", standard industry terms, are not "sensitive" descriptions.

Oh for crying out loud....that's ridiculous.  Not "sensitive" my arse. Somebody in personnel needs a reality check and an attitude adjustment.  Get a life!

LL

1 hour ago, Palouse said:

Good grief.  Man, you gotta get outta that joint.  :(

Back in the 80's, when we were tinkering with IBM 5150, 5160, and 5170 computers and upgrades, I got called on the carpet when I was overheard referring to "master" and "slave" hard drives.  You were there!  I think this was before you joined us, but you knew those folks... hard to believe, but by today's standards they were downright tolerant.  :mellow:

Yup.  You reeeeally gotta get outta there.  :(

I remember as a shift manager walking through the plant at Christmas time with an HR dweeb handing out crisp new $100 dollar bills to the hourly employees in addition to their normal bonus checks. I'd hand them the C note, shake their hand and wish them a Merry Christmas. After the first  department, the dweeb says, "you really need to say Happy Holidays because you might offend someone with Merry Christmas." I told him to pound sand and continued what I was doing. Next day, my VP handed me my bonus, he grinned and said, "Merry Christmas." Sure couldn't get away with that today!

1 hour ago, Doc X said:

I remember as a shift manager walking through the plant at Christmas time with an HR dweeb handing out crisp new $100 dollar bills to the hourly employees in addition to their normal bonus checks. I'd hand them the C note, shake their hand and wish them a Merry Christmas. After the first  department, the dweeb says, "you really need to say Happy Holidays because you might offend someone with Merry Christmas." I told him to pound sand and continued what I was doing. Next day, my VP handed me my bonus, he grinned and said, "Merry Christmas." Sure couldn't get away with that today!

Ya know, if I were working my tail off in a plant, and my manager came up and handed me a $100, so long as there wasn't a pink slip attached to it, he could smile and tell me to go to hell and I wouldn't be offended.

Ya know what??  Screw this PC garbage, I'll talk and say what I want and trust myself not to offend anyone according to MY standards. I don't call anyone a racist name or a ethnic slur, I don't say anything bad about people who are of a different sexual persuasion or religion. I'm comfortable with who I am and this PC crap has gone waaaay too far!

Rant over!

Thanks for listening!!;)

11 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Ya know what??  Screw this PC garbage, I'll talk and say what I want and trust myself not to offend anyone according to MY standards. I don't call anyone a racist name or a ethnic slur, I don't say anything bad about people who are of a different sexual persuasion or religion. I'm comfortable with who I am and this PC crap has gone waaaay too far!

Rant over!

Thanks for listening!!;)

I'm sorry, what were you saying? I was drinking my coffee...

We have got to quit letting hate groups and the PC crowd corrupting all our symbols and words. First it was that ahole paperhanger conscripting religious symbols thousands of years old. Then the Battle flag, Then the monuments to men and women that sacrificed all for their beliefs. Now saying O.K. or making the OK hand gesture. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The interesting part is that the O.K. association was started as a bet on the 4-chan web site. Now snowflakes everywhere are quaking in their booties while those behind this foolishness are laughing their asses off.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Ya know what??  ... I don't call anyone a racist name or a ethnic slur, I don't say anything bad about people who are of a different sexual persuasion or religion. I'm comfortable with who I am and ...

Well, Rye, there you go.  You are demonstrating your White Privilege and Unconscious Bias.

Equity and Inclusion!!!!  (Resistance is futile.)

18 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

If someone tells me OK isn’t Okay I am afraid I won’t be OK with that and if the tell me they want me to use “KK” or Ku Klux as an OK response I believe I might tell them to FO<_<

But Pat, that is such harsh terms.  Take them for a hot coco and give them a big hug. Or then maybe not. 

41 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

But Pat, that is such harsh terms.  Take them for a hot coco and give them a big hug. Or then maybe not. 

Flip Over = Harsh term? :P:D

If you ever get to see, the 2 man play, Greater Tuna, go.

It features the town of Greater Tuna, Texas and it's Radio Station OKKK, where Patsy Cline never dies.

Great, and I say again, Great play.

You're welcome

Archived