SASS Wire Forum

Tesla Pickup

Yul Lose

Here’s Tesla’s pickup. 0-60 in 6 seconds, 250 mile range, 7,500 lbs towing capacity. They’re taking deposits, $100.00 gets you in line, any takers?

5D90246C-A3A5-4D38-8F9C-97D26460466D.jpeg

50A80C3D-E1A8-4647-8AB7-C84D690F9DAD.jpeg

613FCF08-C9AB-4F14-A48F-D211FFD6F0D5.jpeg

3E65F00A-B7F5-43FA-8CDA-4D8B30BE1BA9.jpeg

6FF8ABA5-502F-4CE5-9142-8D404DA631A5.jpeg

8D5E4051-2B23-42DD-BB17-558B15D4136D.jpeg

Does it come with a Buck Rogers decoder ring...?   :huh:

Wonder what the horn sounds like!  

6 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Useless.

Bingo.

4 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

That is AMC Pacer ugly. I do wonder is it is radar defecting though, kind of looks like a F-117 but ugly as hell.

Yeah. I wonder if he's trying to sell it to the military

2 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

BTW notice how far the back end sinks with an ATV in the back? The suspension must be softer than a Cadillac.

Hipsters and snowflakes need a soft ride. They're  easily butt hurt, as we all know

Elon Musk is trying too hard to become the Howard Hughes of his generation. Poor little rich kid that nobody pays attention to..........

7 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I just realized, had Elon Musk waited a couple of years he could've shot one of these into outer space instead. But then again he might have frightened the aliens and made them think we just launched a weapon against them.

Naw, that would be considered ugly space junk.

A kid with LEGOs would make a better design!!

Oh! And Utah Bob!!  No self respecting dumpster would gestate something that grotesque!!

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

If a Delorean and a dumpster had a baby.....

Just yesterday I watched a show that showed a warehouse in California that repaired Deloreans. They had a warehouse full of original spare parts (including body parts) that were shipped from Europe. They were trying to get EPA approval to make approximately 3,400 "new" Deloreans pending emission exemptions. My first thought was WHY.

32 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Just yesterday I watched a show that showed a warehouse in California that repaired Deloreans. They had a warehouse full of original spare parts (including body parts) that were shipped from Europe. They were trying to get EPA approval to make approximately 3,400 "new" Deloreans pending emission exemptions. My first thought was WHY.

Probably for the same reason why somebody thinks they need to build a new Titanic. There are enough nostalgic idiots out there with money to make the endeavor worth it.

If I had the money I would buy one. And the price is $39K for the base model and $69K for the super duper go like a bat out of hell go buggy.  0-60 in 2 seconds! Yeah, man! 500 mile range...

I no longer off-road and I don’t tow anything and I think it would be cool as hell to have my own space buggy. :D

3A8D52E0-0B09-4D3D-8801-9F14F3D2F5EE.jpeg.12f9881cde2387d08b2277126b7de937.jpeg

I'd like to see the entire video for some context. My 5 year old granddaughter can throw a baseball harder than that, plus Musk and the other guy seem to be in on a joke.

The whole thing looks like a styling exercise to whip up interest. Can't imagine it's a functional vehicle.

33 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I'd like to see the entire video for some context. My 5 year old granddaughter can throw a baseball harder than that, plus Musk and the other guy seem to be in on a joke.

The whole thing looks like a styling exercise to whip up interest. Can't imagine it's a functional vehicle.

Starts at 9:24:50

34 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

It’s real.

4 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

BTW notice how far the back end sinks with an ATV in the back? The suspension must be softer than a Cadillac.

Evidently it has adjustable suspension - it can "squat" to facilitate loading.  That telescoping loading ramp tailgate is kind of interesting... wonder how long it'll take Detroit to offer 'em.  :mellow:

I hope the end gate is heated for when you have to push it into the Ditch to clear the road ....

The Tesla Semi's were a bust,,,, they tried them because the Government was giving the Companies the trucks at half price AND $ 70,000 a year in operating funds per year ..... When the Free-bee's ( with my tax $ ) dried up they parked them .....

That sure is one Ugly thing ,,,,,, don't look like a truck ...

Jabez Cowboy

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

If a Delorean and a dumpster had a baby.....

One of my co-workers said something similar.....if an APC and a pickup had a baby.  I like yours better. 

5 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

PS Where are the side mirrors?

Side mirrors! Side mirrors! WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING SIDE MIRROWS!

Archived