SASS Wire Forum

Time for 1911's ???

Rye Miles #13621

Some have mentioned their conditions and said what they can do. They cannot speak for everyone. Some have said that a SAA is easier to shoot than a 1911. Well I find the opposite to be true for me.

Bill and Yul, If I were a MD who wanted to make accommodations that included non-SASS items, I would say something like the following at the shooters' meeting.

" We follow SASS rules, except for some accommodations that enable people to participate, who would not otherwise be able to do so. They will be scored in a separate category, called Stove-Up Cowboy or Cowgirl." (Category example name)

The Cowboys at Norco did something similar at The Gunfight Behind the Jersey Lily (an annual match) one of the years I attended. We had a woman on our posse who did not shoot one or both (?) of her long guns. I also shot another annual where three people shot a 1911 category. They did not have a disability that prevented them from shooting a SAA..

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

To me it sounds like you've gone from asking about using 1911's in SASS matches to stating you think they're allowed under the rules.   I mentioned higher matches to point out that they're clearly not allowed.   Yes you may choose to do so at a monthly because at monthly matches you have the option to not follow SASS rules.  At state and above you don't have that option.  

To me you've posed one question,  what do people think about allowing 1911s in SASS matches.  Two you're asserting that if a monthly match allows 1911's it's still within SASS rules, which is not true.

Did you not read what I said that you quoted? I said if you misunderstood what I said, I'm sorry I never meant to make this a choice for state and above matches. Other folks have chimed in and agreed and even said they already allow 1911's at their monthly matches. I even said as an example our club, Firelands, does a "modified" version. I'm getting tired of arguing the same thing over and over again! You're the one that keeps pushing this idea that I suggested it as another category! I DID NOT MEAN THAT!!:blink: Please let's put this to rest already!

4 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Did you not read what I said that you quoted? I said if you misunderstood what I said, I'm sorry I never meant to make this a choice for state and above matches. Other folks have chimed in and agreed and even said they already allow 1911's at their monthly matches. I even said as an example our club, Firelands, does a "modified" version. I'm getting tired of arguing the same thing over and over again! You're the one that keeps pushing this idea that I suggested it as another category! I DID NOT MEAN THAT!!:blink: Please let's put this to rest already!

OK.  

Archived