SASS Wire Forum

56 Years Ago in Dallas TX

Okiepan

I was in 1st grade and remember the teachers crying, I think it was the 1st time I remember being really scared and confused.  Today I teach in a criminal justice program at a college level and we dedicate 2 class periods to dissecting the murder of our president from a forensic perspective.  History must be remembered and re-examined objectively.  Don’t think for one moment a 19 year old cannot think critically and read between the lines.  

I was too young to remember the day. All I remember from '62/63 is the constant sonic boom of the USAF jets during and after the Cuban missile crisis.

I have since studied the assassination in depth and have not come to the same conclusion as the Warren Commission.<_<

I was in the 3rd grade in Minatare, Nebraska playing football on the playground, it was lunchtime. We were all called back into the cafeteria where the announcement was made. Then we were all sent home. I remember watching tv at home with my family as Oswald got shot a few days later.

I have often wondered what this country would be like had President Kennedy not been assassinated. 
I am sure that sonofab**** Lyndon Johnson wouldn’t have been able to do what he did in regards to Vietnam.  It’s too bad he wasn’t the one that was shot. 

I was in 10th grade Printing Class, announcement came over the PA and we all got sent home. I remember a couple days later seeing Ruby plug Oswald on live TV!

Archived