SASS Wire Forum

Attn. Android phone users

Alpo

I specified Android because I don't know if this works with Apple.

There's this thing they came out with a few years ago called On The Go. It's either build into your phone or it's not, depending on how old your phone is.

If your phone has it you can buy an adapter which will allow you to plug a USB connection into your phone. I've been using it for a couple of years with a thumb drive. But I got a brilliant thought this morning and plugged in my keyboard.

Daaaayyyyuummm. I can type with all ten fingers again.

Now if otto korekt would just ____ off and die, I'd be a happy camper.

I bought this one. It was about 5 bucks at Best buy, but the site says they don't carry it anymore.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-otg-on-the-go-micro-usb-to-usb-type-a-adapter-cable-black/4644300.p?skuId=4644300

I'm sure other places got them.

Sounds cool.  I’ll venture out into the world and check this out.  Sounds simple.   Bet I can make it do.........(?) too.  :-)

Thanx!

Cat Brules

I rarely use my phone for anything except an occasional call to the mem sahib when I'm in town.. No cell service out here anyway.

Not if you mean what I think you mean.

The charging cable has a USB male end, so we can plug into the charger or into the computer, and it has the mini USB male end so it can plug into the phone.

This doober has the mini USB male end, so it can plug into the phone, but has a USB female end, so a thumb drive can plug into it.

IMG_20191121_142831.jpg

Here ya go, Alps...  an adapter adapter!   ^_^

Female to Female USB

And a Two-Pack at that, for under five bucks!  :)

71Df6ovIbKL._SL1500_.jpg 

30 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Not if you mean what I think you mean.

The charging cable has a USB male end, so we can plug into the charger or into the computer, and it has the mini USB male end so it can plug into the phone.

This doober has the mini USB male end, so it can plug into the phone, but has a USB female end, so a thumb drive can plug into it.

IMG_20191121_142831.jpg

Those are micro USB

THIS IS MINI USB

B47A81F9-C823-4001-AD25-092119F8FB11.jpeg

There are also fold up keyboards that connect to your device via Bluetooth.  Saw one yesterday that was pocket sized when folded but had a qwerty keyboard AND a separate standard numberpad.   Looks like it would be right handy for typing on tablets or phones.

Archived