SASS Wire Forum

8 Time Convicted Felon

Lawdog Dago Dom

If there are any more hearings in Illinois on how 30 round mags, repeating rifles and FOID card/CCL folks are the problem, I will personally pay to have this article enlarged on the biggest poster board I can find for that hearing.

Tired of 10 square miles of Cook County that the courts/prosecutors can't or won't control, being the impetus to go after law abiding gun owners.

https://cwbchicago.com/2019/11/on-parole-and-2-recognizance-bonds-felon-escaped-electronic-monitoring-to-rob-victims-downtown-cops-say.html

And the State’s Attorney is running for re-election, claiming that she has buckled down on criminals that use guns!!

I call Bu[[$#!+ !!!

We have a POS in town that had over 40 charges dropped by the judge just this year! Assault, weapons, drugs and about 32 that were driving on a criminally suspended license. One time he got released from jail and was re-arrested on his way home for drugs, a gun, and driving on suspended license. All dropped next time in court. He just laughs if ya ask him about it and says the law does not apply to him and grins at ya. Drag him I say. He just got busted in Mass. for trying to sell illegal firearms there. Hopefully the Mass. judges will have more testicular fortitude. The word on the street is that he is an informant! What could he possibly know that keeps him above the law?

1 minute ago, Eyesa Horg said:

We have a POS in town that had over 40 charges dropped by the judge just this year! Assault, weapons, drugs and about 32 that were driving on a criminally suspended license. One time he got released from jail and was re-arrested on his way home for drugs, a gun, and driving on suspended license. All dropped next time in court. He just laughs if ya ask him about it and says the law does not apply to him and grins at ya. Drag him I say. He just got busted in Mass. for trying to sell illegal firearms there. Hopefully the Mass. judges will have more testicular fortitude. The word on the street is that he is an informant! What could he possibly know that keeps him above the law?

Well, supposedly we have a mandatory one year in prison for possession of a handgun without the proper permit; if he is a convicted felon, I assume he could not have such a permit.  Of course, legal gun owners have been complaining for years about the apparently low (and selective) level of enforcement of this statute.  It would be interesting to know the outcome.

LL

He is an 8 time felon I think. One of the guns he was selling in South Boston was an AR-15, the others were handguns. He got caught with some guy from Revere, Ma. The way it sounded in the paper the Police were tipped off as they were waiting for him to arrive in South Boston. Dominic Bailey

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Well, supposedly we have a mandatory one year in prison for possession of a handgun without the proper permit; if he is a convicted felon, I assume he could not have such a permit.

LL

They should consider using the Federal Law: 

18 USC § 922(g) & (n).

Punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment. May receive minimum sentence of 15 years without parole if offender has three or more prior convictions for a felony crime of violence (e.g. burglary, robbery, assault, possession of offensive weapons) and/or drug trafficking felony.Jun 3, 2013

Sounds like they should apply ANY law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived