SASS Wire Forum

Unbelievable, the Bob Ross of Diorama's

Raylan

Stunning!

I don’t think I could even built the painting rack. :lol:

Man, I hate videos like that. The craftsmanship, the attention to detail, the artistry, the genius use of forced perspective and the sheer cleverness of it. I've lost so many hours watching that one, then the next one, then the next one, then the next one.....

:D

I was just at a craft show which was almost all military dioramas from the Revolutionary War to present. I don't have the patience for that kind os thing but I sure do appreciate the work. Amazing!

I have seen a number of Luke Towan's videos for use on model railroad. He is very talented and I have learned a lot from them . I want to try the magnatrac system.

Imis

Well, Bob Ross did his stuff in 30 minutes. This takes a mite longer.

20 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Well, Bob Ross did his stuff in 30 minutes. This takes a mite longer.

The annoying thing about Bob Ross is that he'd paint a beautiful scene... and then he'd add another tree. And another mountain. And a cabin. And two more trees. And some more cabins. And more trees. By the time he stopped he had a busy painting that was perfectly fine 20 minutes ago! :huh:

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

The annoying thing about Bob Ross is that he'd paint a beautiful scene... and then he'd add another tree. And another mountain. And a cabin. And two more trees. And some more cabins. And more trees. By the time he stopped he had a busy painting that was perfectly fine 20 minutes ago! :huh:

Art is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Interesting fun fact.

Bob Ross was a retired Air Force Master Sergeant and drill instructor.

Yep. As I recall, he said something to the effect that after he retired, he wanted a job where he never had to yell at people again.

4 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

On occasion, I would agree, but remember, he was painting as a teaching tool. The techniques were what was important.

Archived