SASS Wire Forum

Browning BPCR 45-70

Snakebite

I have a unfired Browning BPCR 45-70 with sights and no box. Looks new.  I've been looking around trying to find a realistic price on one, but they seem to be scarce. I would appreciate some realistic feed back on what I should list it for.

Tnx, Snakebite

ps... hope this is not against forum guidelines... if so, please delete

https://www.cabelas.com/product/browning-model-1885-bpcr-45-70-govt/3515203.uts?Ntk=GunLibrary&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26Ntk%3DGunLibrary%26Ntt%3DBpcr%26x%3D10%26y%3D21&Ntt=Bpcr&slotId=0

I would say that's a little  high, $1200-$1500 is more realistic. I sold a standard model browning 1885 without the steel tang last year for $1000.

Seen one at a gun show this past weekend.   The guy was asking $1600, I'm sure i could have bought it for no more than ,$1400.  I bought one last summer in 40-65 Win. for $1100

On 11/15/2019 at 10:57 AM, Marshal Hangtree said:

I prefer Claymores.

39 minutes ago, Bitterroot Jake, SASS #9532 said:

Seen one at a gun show this past weekend.   The guy was asking $1600, I'm sure i could have bought it for no more than ,$1400.  I bought one last summer in 40-65 Win. for $1100

I was referring to mines, Jake. :D

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. This is one of two of these guns that I've had/have. I shot the first one quite a bit and it preformed very well for me. When looking at the Auction sites I found many Italian Clones that were bringing what seemed to me like a very strong price for what they are.  I think that the Browning is worth considerably more than those guns. When I sold the first one (fired) several years ago it brought what I've seen in the listings shown here. I believe that the Badger barrel and Stock Soule type sights that come on the BPCR are far superior to what the Italian guns have on them. Maybe it just isn't the time to bring it out of the safe yet.

Thanks.

Snakebite 

I paid $1,800 for mine about six years ago.

12 minutes ago, Dead_Head said:

I paid $1,800 for mine about six years ago.

And that is what they ought to be going for IMO. I got $1500 for the one I sold several years ago and though it was an excellent shooter, it showed some wear. This one is unfired, 99% 

Archived