SASS Wire Forum

Missouri Bullets and discount?

Hendo

Howdy Y'all,

So, I'm new here. Really new. I joined SASS after participating in my first match. The Great Northfield was last weekend and was my first big match (also only my 3rd) and I sure had a lot of fun and thank everyone there. 

Well, it looks like I need to crank up my turret and start pumping out some shooting ammo. I was looking at Missouri Bullets and notice that they have a discount for SASS members, but I can't find a code here. I'm sure I could grab a kid off the street and they could show this old dog how to work a computer, but folks might get a bit uppity about that and the next thing you know, you're talking to dudes with badges, lawyers, judges and all sorts of unhappy people, so I thought I would ask here.

While we're here, I'm loading 357 cases and have been shooting my pards 125 grain RNFP cartridges, is there any reason to move up to 158 grain bullets?

Thank Y'all in advance,

Hendo

Probably give them your SASS number and that will work.

If those 125-grain, 357 cartridges feed well in your rifle and shoot point-of-aim in your revolvers, stick with them.  The 158-grain bullets are a traditional load, but not needed for CAS.  I recommend Missouri Bullet's softer, coated bullets.  The softer bullets work better at CAS velocities and the plastic coating keeps your loading dies and hands clean.

There are plenty of quality casters supplying the CAS sport.  I try to buy from those who sponsor SASS matches I attend.

Might try CheyCast , Great people good prices. I use the 105 coated. Sometimes use 158 for knock-down, or Texas Star. 

Welcome to the worlds best game.   Bulldog Brown

If you ever get to Kansas stop and shoot with us at Topeka (Capital City Cowboys, also Butterfield Gulch,) Chapman

1 hour ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

look up Bullets by Scarlett. She is a member here (Scarlett Darlin) or (Darling) anyways great bullets a very good prices.

Yup, saw her ad in the mercantile. It made me curious about coated bullets, but I didn't see exactly what I wanted and I couldn't quite figure out how to explain the raincheck to Mrs. Hendo....

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

Probably give them your SASS number and that will work.

I tried just SASS and it seemed to work.  

I gotta ask ya Yul, have you ever been to Agrusa's?

59 minutes ago, Count Sandor, SASS #74075 said:

Just type SASS in the discount box...

CS

This worked. Then it disappeared when I checked out. Gonna have to ponder that and give them a call. It's no big deal, I just want to know where I messed up.

41 minutes ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

If those 125-grain, 357 cartridges feed well in your rifle and shoot point-of-aim in your revolvers, stick with them.  The 158-grain bullets are a traditional load, but not needed for CAS.  I recommend Missouri Bullet's softer coated bullets.  The softer bullets work better at CAS velocities and the plastic coating keeps your loading dies and hands clean.

There are plenty of quality casters supplying the CAS sport.  I try to buy from those who sponsor SASS matches I attend.

Yup, my Pard, Mentor, the guy who helped me shoot my wallet, Warthog Red, casts his own bullets and he has been truly kind enough to help me out as I get started. His lead casts shoot straight and true in my Uberti Model Ps and 73 short rifle. I don't want to mess with that combo, but I do want to try the coated bullets.

What can I say? I've been a mechanic for most of my 55 years and I gotta tinker. 

And I fully agree with supporting those who support us.

34 minutes ago, Bulldog Brown said:

Might try CheyCast , Great people good prices. I use the 105 coated. Sometimes use 158 for knock-down, or Texas Star. 

Welcome to the worlds best game.   Bulldog Brown

If you ever get to Kansas stop and shoot with us at Topeka (Capital City Cowboys, also Butterfield Gulch,) Chapman

Thank you Sir, I'll put them on my reloading list, too. 

And if I get to Kansas, you can bet I'd be honored to shoot with y'all.

gotta ask ya Yul, have you ever been to Agrusa's?

Many, many times. The best submarine sandwich ever.

6 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

gotta ask ya Yul, have you ever been to Agrusa's?

Many, many times. The best submarine sandwich ever.

I grew up about a mile away from that place. Got memories of going there and grabbing a couple of super subs for mom and me during the summer. I still drag the wife down there every now and again just for the subs. Never found anything else close to them.

22 hours ago, Count Sandor, SASS #74075 said:

Just type SASS in the discount box...

CS

That is the code, just type “sass” in the box. Gets you a 5% discount.

You can also use: BluePress as a code for Missouri. You will like his 12bhn soft cast bullet. No leading at our low velocities compared to hard cast. Ringers Bullets is also very good with soft cast. Both have hi-tek coating available also.

Welcome to the best game and folks goin. Hendo

5a2a989e95497_SASSWelcome.JPG.ed5045d9abb98d8837093843c187d2e5.JPG

On 11/19/2019 at 7:32 PM, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

If those 125-grain, 357 cartridges feed well in your rifle and shoot point-of-aim in your revolvers, stick with them.  The 158-grain bullets are a traditional load, but not needed for CAS.  I recommend Missouri Bullet's softer, coated bullets.  The softer bullets work better at CAS velocities and the plastic coating keeps your loading dies and hands clean.

I had Ringer Bullets make me a custom run of soft-cast BHN=9.
These are .358, 105gr LTCFP, Hi-Tek coated.
Soft cast BHN=9 is a much closer match for very low pressure loads.
Most of the 45 Colt loads I've calculated call for even softer.

158 gr, LRNFP provides a longer OAL which could be beneficial in a Marlin 1894 that is finicky about what it eats.
There is more flexibility in the 158 gr loads as to powder, etc.
My need was uber-low recoil with Trail Boss for max case filling at low pressures.
Ringer shipped price is less than Missouri, but 6,000 minimum.

16 minutes ago, bgavin said:

I had Ringer Bullets make me a custom run of soft-cast BHN=9.
These are .358, 105gr LTCFP, Hi-Tek coated.
Soft cast BHN=9 is a much closer match for very low pressure loads.
Most of the 45 Colt loads I've calculated call for even softer.

158 gr, LRNFP provides a longer OAL which could be beneficial in a Marlin 1894 that is finicky about what it eats.
There is more flexibility in the 158 gr loads as to powder, etc.
My need was uber-low recoil with Trail Boss for max case filling at low pressures.
Ringer shipped price is less than Missouri, but 6,000 minimum.

Yup, the 125 grn works very well for me and, with the exception of the coating, I'm sticking with them. My mentor/coach/pard/friend/amigo casts his own lead when he rolls the ammo that he uses and so generously feeds me, that it's his schooling that I'm following. 

Reloading is as much a hobby as CAS shooting and I'm always interested in what others are doing.

I'm not above trying other things for fun. Heck, now that I'm into it, my second set of shooters might just be in 45.

(Provided of course that I can staunch my bleeding wallet from this go around.)

Hendo

Missouri bullet is a great company.

Just give them a call.

The folks there are very easy to get along with and would be very helpful.

Great bullets, been using them for many years.

Good luck

Asa Smith

5 minutes ago, Asa Smith said:

Hendo

Missouri bullet is a great company.

Just give them a call.

The folks there are very easy to get along with and would be very helpful.

Great bullets, been using them for many years.

Good luck

Asa Smith

Thanks Asa,

I got 2K of them little Missouri critters on the way. I'm pretty exited to get to the bench and load them up.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Ya know, somehow it slipped my mind that 2k bullets equal out to something like 35 pounds.

My mail gal is gonna hate me. :D

Order 3000 if your doing the 125's saves you shipping 

20191122_152714.jpg

23 minutes ago, dannyd said:

Order 3000 if your doing the 125's saves you shipping 

Yeah, I know. I had to cool my jets with the holidays comin on. The grandkids got expectations of this old fat guy. Come January, though...B)

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Ya know, somehow it slipped my mind that 2k bullets equal out to something like 35 pounds.

My mail gal is gonna hate me. :D

Try 2,500 pcs. of 250 grain...ships in two flat rate boxes.  In-town delivery mailman leaves a yellow "we missed you" slip in the box. I toss the two-wheeler in the van and head for the post office.  Guy at the counter uses the two-wheeler to fetch the boxes from the back room, and is very happy he doesn't have to lift them. 

CS

Archived