SASS Wire Forum

Why???

J-BAR #18287

I've had some "Tear Here" packs tear like that when I tried to "tear there." Or the not-to-be-sufficently-damned press here to close strips are heat sealed closed.

The other irk is when you wrestle the bag open and find that it isn't secured to the bag on one side. 

There are several things where the tear here strip is placed at the wrong distance from the ziplock.

With those I open them with a pair of scissors and put the entire bag inside of one gallon Ziploc freezer bag. Problem solved.

I bought a bag of off brand pellets for my pellet grill the other day and the cut here line is about an inch below the close strip. Yep, I found out to late.

I am pretty sure these bags are manufactured for the food companies by SC Johnson, the makers of Ziploc bags. When the original package “malfunctions” odds are one will need another baggie.  And Ziploc baggies are perfect substitutes for original packaging. ;)

The entire packaging industry is structured to make it hard on those with older, mangled up hands and digits!!  I've actually broken bottles by crushing them with my hands while trying to remove the lids!!  The lid stayed right where it was and the bottle cracked and the contents spilled!!  The caps are so slick and lack any kind of purchase, so the bottle or jar collapses before you can remove the top!! :angry: :angry:

Those "tear here" bags almost always have little or no material above the resealable strip, so they are a pain to re-open once you seal 'em up after the first use!!   A little thought in the design could make the entire world a happier place with little if any cost to the manufacturer or product producer!!

Archived