SASS Wire Forum

Your LATEST Firearm Acquisition???

My last was a GSG STG-44 in 22lr. I know it's a gimmick gun but I love the STG-44 and will never be able to buy a real one. Haven't fired it yet as I just bought a new house. Moving sucks.

23 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

What was the last firearm you purchased or acquired?

This was mine.

I received this fine revolver in April, 2018. It replace a Model 17 that I had given to a good Army buddy of mine upon his retirement from the US Army.

Earlier in our military careers, my buddy and I were visiting an uncle of mine in the panhandle of Oklahoma. One of those days, we went hunting prairie dogs and I watched my buddy take my Model 17-3 and kill a prairie dog at a 97 paces (almost 100 yards). My buddy assumed a sitting position, two-handed hold, with arms resting on his knees. Shooting single-action, his first shot was just slightly high. The second shot hit the dog but didn't kill it and it started crawling back to its hole. His quick third shot dispatched the critter.

That was the best shooting exhibitions I have ever seen with a .22 LR revolver!! Ever since that day, my buddy had coveted my Model 17 and we often talked about that day he killed the prairie dog at 97 paces. So upon his retirement from the US Army, I gave my buddy my Model 17-3.

So after several years, I replaced the Model 17-3 with this fine Model 17-4.

S&W Model 17-4 "K22 Masterpiece" in .22 Long Rifle

72bRkR.jpg

cldIMa.jpg

This revolver is also a Tack Driver! It's much more accurate than I'm capable of shooting it.

Wonderful revolver it is one of my preferred wheel guns in .22  cal..

The 17- K22 Masterpiece has a special charm and shoot incredible well.

Btw, congratulations for a great friendship.

czhen

FL

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Browning 'BAR' semi-auto rifle, wood-stocked, in .300 Win Mag, a few months ago.

A fine rifle. I wish Browning wouldn't call it a BAR, which, of course, it's not. Marketing; bah.

BSAR doesn’t have the same cachet. And it would probably be nicknamed the Bizarre. :D

Colt Python 6” barrel never fired made in 1993.

It’s fired now!!! Great gun! Best revolver I’ve ever shot!B)

Just picked up a Winchester 94 in .30-30. I got it from a guy I work with. His mom had bought two of them in the early 70s. This one was his dad's. It has had a total of two rounds thru it and is brand spanking new looking.  Had an offer on it but I'm thinking of putting a .38-55 barrel on it 

35 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Just picked up a Winchester 94 in .30-30. I got it from a guy I work with. His mom had bought two of them in the early 70s. This one was his dad's. It has had a total of two rounds thru it and is brand spanking new looking.  Had an offer on it but I'm thinking of putting a .38-55 barrel on it 

Nice! It’s your gun, you can do as you please. I would love to find one like that. I already have 2 30-30s but what the heck. I wouldn’t mind a trio. :)

Okay, the grammar police have effectively busted my chops. ;) I will humbly try to make amends for my error.  I have now edited the title and question.  I have removed the word LAST and replaced it with LATEST. ^_^

But please, give me a little slack.  I had a difficult childhood.  You may not have known this, but my mother died six months before I was born and left me to raise my younger brother and sister all by myself. :(

Life does have it's difficulties. :P

:D

I don't have a picture yet as I can't do the paperwork yet here in California.  It is a Beretta 92FS Brigadier in 9mm.  The reason I couldn't do the paperwork is due to the fact that I just bought a reproduction (Uberti) 1875 Remington Revolver in 45 Colt and you can only buy one handgun every 30 days in the PRK which is a lot of bologna.

12 hours ago, Stogie said:

My last was a GSG STG-44 in 22lr. I know it's a gimmick gun but I love the STG-44 and will never be able to buy a real one. Haven't fired it yet as I just bought a new house. Moving sucks.

Stogie

Please tell us how it shoot. I have a sweet spot for .22 cal.

czhen

FL 

Can't remember the last gun I bought, but my wife had her eye on this Glock 42 for herself.  Since moving from CA to Utah this year I didn't have a gun in mind.  When she said she wanted this one we went to the local ACE HARDWARE and brought this home. No waiting period,  just the background check and we took it home.  Living in a free state is good. 

This just made me remember the last gun I bought. Went to my local gun store to buy a Uberti 1873 carbine in 45colt. Didn't have one stock but the guy helping me said he had a 66 in 38-40. New and unfired. He wanted $675. So, $1050 for a new 73 or $675 for a new 66, guess which one I bought?

20191120_150955.jpg

9 hours ago, Pay Dirt Norvelle #90056 said:

...and you can only buy one handgun every 30 days in the PRK which is a lot of bologna.

I do feel your pain.
I have 170+ days of CA waiting periods in 2019.
More than half a year waiting for my SASS guns and a few others.

I also picked up a S&W 544 in 44/40.Would like to fit it with a 44 spec cyl, haven't figured that out yet.

Largo

Cimmerons in .45 Colt.

Looking forward to next summer and a chance to try them.

Consequtively numbered Cimmeron .45s 1871 Open Top Pair (7).JPG

Picked up a Charter Arms 38 special in stainless steel.  Two reasons: 1. I always wanted one... probably because I watched way too many cop and detective shows where everybody had snub nosed 38's... and after careful review I realized that I didn't actually own any double action revolvers (my ivory grip S&W #4  that was my grandmother's doesn't count, but here is a picture of it).

smith.jpg

Archived