SASS Wire Forum

Ba-Dump Tissssh - Memes

Pat Riot

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Circle square, board stretcher, wood welder, 8/16 wrench, the apprentice is smart if they bring you a 1/2”, tube of elbow grease, conduit stretcher, left hand screwdriver, wire stretcher”doesn’t work if your on a farm” , bag of amps or ohms, replacement bubble for the level. That’s about all I can remember 

While in an 81mm mortar platoon, we sent newbies to the armory for a baseplate jack. In the Air Wing, sending them to the Tool Room for 100 feet of flightline or a bucket of propwash was common.

Edited by Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

• Replies 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

3 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Circle square, board stretcher, wood welder, 8/16 wrench, the apprentice is smart if they bring you a 1/2”, tube of elbow grease, conduit stretcher, left hand screwdriver, wire stretcher”doesn’t work if your on a farm” , bag of amps or ohms, replacement bubble for the level. That’s about all I can remember 

Since it was the phone company, we'd send em for a bucket of dial tone once in a while. Once opened a manhole and told the newbie to yell into it so we could figure out where the conduits went. It's hilarious to watch someone on their knees in the road yelling "hello" into the hole!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Is it the left-handed version?

No, but I cheat and turn it over when I have to undo the nut on a toilet flush handle. I know, right tool for the job and all that, but it is a plastic part and rarely need to do this, so I get away with it.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Metric only Crescent wrench. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

Metric crescent wrench...

But I actually have one :D

My gal and I went to Home Depot to get some metric threaded bolts which we found easily. She then told me that she needed some metric washers to go with them but didn't see any. I told her to ask the HD guy that was there in hardware and stood behind her, trying not to laugh, while she asked him. He looked at her for a second and then at me while I'm grinning like a loon. He tried to play along but couldn't...he started laughing, I started laughing...she wasn't laughing.

It's now a joke between us. Anytime I go to HD, she'll ask me to pick up some metric washers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

It's now a joke between us. Anytime I go to HD, she'll ask me to pick up some metric washers.

I don't know about that, as off size as most washers seem to be, I think they're selling Metric washers LABELED as SAE.:wacko:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Bucket of prop wash, can of blinker fluid, two hundred meters of flight line

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bear said:

random-79.jpg.294972e73198ef1ca4e361879b36d4db.jpg

In the very early days of 3-D CAD systems, I was training at a GE Calma facility. As a joke, the trainer and I worked on the above drawing and were able to print out the results. This baffled the other students as they could not figure out how a 3-D system was able to do this.

(We created 2-D drawings and merged them into a 3-D space so that it appeared to be 3-D. If anyone tried to manipulate the model, it would have been obvious but we just presented the printout.):rolleyes:

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Once sent a new guy to the supply window for 20 feet of fallopian tube. The supply girl just laughed.

Best one I was ever part of was sending the tool room guy on a quest for a left handed allen wrench so we could remove a bolt with left handed threads.

Called ahead to each squadrons tool room supervisor to let them know he was coming.  He went to two squadrons, AIMD and GSE before he came back telling us that he couldn't find one.

Heard tell of a guy sent to get a padeye wrench. He disappeared for three days before he returned. leading Chief was pissed and had written him up. The Chief almost stroked out when he opened the bag he was carrying and produced a padeye wrench complete with NSN. Turns out that some ships have removable padeyes and the Navy has a special wrench to do the job.

Once the Chief had calmed down a little, he found the humor in being bested at his own game. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

The Chief almost stroked out when he opened the bag he was carrying and produced a padeye wrench complete with NSN. Turns out that some ships have removable padeyes and the Navy has a special wrench to do the job.

I just had to try to find an image of a padeye wrench (no luck so far, but the day is young).  In my search I did find:

NSN 2040-01-547-8326, 2040015478326
BUNG,OUTPUT END

Federal Supply Classification
FSC 2040 - Marine Hardware and Hull Items
National Item Identification Number
NIIN 015478326
Codification Country
United States
Item Name Code
INC 52813
Criticality
(Y) This item does not have a nuclear hardened feature but does have other critical feature(s) such as tolerance, fit restriction or application.
Hazardous Material Indicator Code
(N) There is no data in the HMIRS and the NSN is in an FSC not generally suspected of containing hazardous materials.

Naturally, reading the name, my brain instantly went to Joint Chiefs or Congress.

Edited by Subdeacon Joe
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

That ladder is only rated for 250 lbs, he's probably OK, but he shouldn't have any tools with him, that might take him over weight.

That's why he doesn't have his tape measure.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4