SASS Wire Forum

Ba-Dump Tissssh - Memes

Pat Riot

3 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

How do you open a driveshaft? All the ones I have seen are closed on the end, with either splines or a universal joint.

It can be put in a lathe and cut with a parting tool. One end will have to be cut off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

FB_IMG_1673301060119.thumb.jpg.8aae04ef59e6dcbee69425471a7308fc.jpg

How much is shipping from Ukraine?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

m2.jpg.5a3af324fcc8477b07e59ac6ab962968.jpg

Amazing how that happens. Ever try to just push the serrated hole cleaning tool for plugging a tire thru an already existing hole? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

Buddy of mine was a mechanic, things like this is why he never put is name on his tools.

That's why we were required to put our name on ours. Pilot complained that there was a strange noise in the nose wheel. Found a mini mag up there. From an A&P 300 miles away.

FAA had a talk with him. They don't like it when you leave tools inside the aircraft.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

m2.jpg.5a3af324fcc8477b07e59ac6ab962968.jpg

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

That's why we were required to put our name on ours. Pilot complained that there was a strange noise in the nose wheel. Found a mini mag up there. From an A&P 300 miles away.

FAA had a talk with him. They don't like it when you leave tools inside the aircraft.

Automotive work is one thing. Aviation is quite another. A misplaced tool can take an A/C right out of the sky. Most times, cars are already on the ground. 

Two side notes:

(1) In Naval Aviation, and I presume Army and Air Force, Every tool box has a specific number, and must be checked out of the Tool Room. Further, each tool in the box has IT'S own number. When any job is finished, the tech inventories his tool box, and then a Quality Assurance Inspector does it again. Only when all tools are present can a job be signed off. The tool box will also be inventoried by the Tool Room guy when it's returned. A lost tool can be cause to shut down Flight Ops until it's found.  

(2) A couple years ago, I found myself with a flat on my work truck, (Freightliner). I found a metal "something" in the tire, but I couldn't get it out. When the Tire Guy showed up and dismounted the tire, it proved to be half of a slip joint plier! Neither one of us could figure out HOW it got into the tire. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

CCI Mini-Mag .22 round or Mini Maglite flashlight...?  :huh: