SASS Wire Forum

Ba-Dump Tissssh - Memes

Pat Riot

6 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

He got very lucky. I've never seen a beard get caught in a machine, but I have seen what happens when long hair gets caught in a machine. Very gruesome and bloody. Long hair and machinery with moving parts don't mix.  

Notice his ear pods are in that mess too?

• Haha 1

• Replies 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Long hair, loose clothing, dangling jewelry all do not mix well with rotating shafts, belts and pulleys, and other moving parts. Especially lathes.

Closest I've come to that beard situation was getting a few hairs caught in a wire nut.

That would still hurt, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Twice, I've seen the immediate aftermath of two women getting scalped. Pulled the scalp right off their heads leaving a large portion of their skull exposed, bled all over the place. Loose clothing can have the same results...sometimes worse results. 

Loose long hair and clothing have been a contributing factor in many injuries in the construction fields. Jewelry is another. People just don't realize that all it takes is a 1/2 second of inattention and their lives, and their loved ones, are changed forever.

For this reason, I never wore jewelry, kept my shirt tucked in, watched my feet/shoelaces, kept electrical cords from wrapping and tried to keep my attention on the task at hand. Can't say that it always worked, but at least I tried to keep it to a minimum.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

Notice his ear pods are in that mess too?

Not until you mentioned it. Just another way to hurt yourself around machinery. Listen to music/whatever while working with moving parts...stupid.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Closest I've come to that beard situation was getting a few hairs caught in a wire nut.

That would still hurt, but it wouldn't be the first time.

More annoying than painful.  Pulled out a few strands.  Then take the wire nut off, clear the hair off the wires, and remake the connection.

What REEEEEAAAALLLY hurt was getting a few mustache hairs caught in a bowstring.  Not only does it make the eyes water, you flinch before the arrow leaves the bow and that messes up the shot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

What REEEEEAAAALLLY hurt was getting a few mustache hairs caught in a bowstring.  Not only does it make the eyes water, you flinch before the arrow leaves the bow and that messes up the shot.

When my beard was longer it would get caught in the collapsible stock on an AR15. Just one of the reasons  I wear it much shorter these days.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Buckshot Bear said:

324298994_469336278736930_4625187549587188141_n.jpg.3fdf53c913e108a5cc7cfdf55cb64ed1.jpg

I remember them in the '50's and on city streets, with traffic and buildings influencing airflow, they were amazing.  Of course a dime back then was a fifth of the weekly 50 cent allowance, or the deposit on 5 glass soda bottles found and turned in.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

I remember them in the '50's and on city streets, with traffic and buildings influencing airflow, they were amazing.  Of course a dime back then was a fifth of the weekly 50 cent allowance, or the deposit on 5 glass soda bottles found and turned in.

We used to collect bottles far and wide to return for drinks, chips and lollies.....great memories. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

Notice that the tattoo is not higher on his leg...:ph34r:

Maybe where he fishes there's a 15-inch minimum. Does not need to have a longer scale.

• Haha 1