• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

16 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

image.png.550e4b2d966f86e2dc0a8dab16e4668b.png

Republic : a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to law 

Democracy : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections 

hmmmm, directly or indirectly, system of representation? Looks like our Republic is a form of Democracy. So if you told me that, I'd just wonder what kind of government action you were trying to justify. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

Republic : a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to law 

Democracy : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections 

hmmmm, directly or indirectly, system of representation? Looks like our Republic is a form of Democracy. So if you told me that, I'd just wonder what kind of government action you were trying to justify. 

We are officially a democratic republic.

Edited by Sixgun Sheridan
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

We’re at least supposed to be a representative republic, not a democracy. And this is just a meme meant to make fun of people always saying we’re a democracy. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

You might like this one better , I can buy into Constitutional Republic also

image.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Their sister store, Sam's Club, now charges $4.00 an item if you order something on line and come into the store to pick it up.  Apparently, it was costing them too much in labor to do it for free.

Edited by Calamity Kris
  • Sad 3