• Replies 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

55. Moulding goes back on a 55, forward on a 56. My first car was a 55 2 door sedan, staight 6, 3 on the tree. That was in 72, so it would have been 17 years old (one year older than me) Funny how a 2005 doesn't seem nearly as old now as the 55 did then.

Buffdriver

• Like 5

On 11/2/2022 at 11:18 AM, Subdeacon Joe said:

May be an image of 3 people, people standing and text that says 'cdrsalamander @cdrsalamander 59m "Why are their so few problems during Liberty with this crew? Who's in charge of Shore Patrol?" authorDCR @GenuineDCR 4h A Marine and a Sailor walk into bar... … 3 Your account is suspended and is not permitted to perform this action.'

I don't know if that's a staged picture or a real picture or what.

But I thought the US military had rules against having visible ink. That large tattoo on the back of the Marines wrist??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

But I thought the US military had rules against having visible ink. That large tattoo on the back of the Marines wrist??

Back when I was on active duty ,the Navy and Marine Corps were  perfectly OK with visible ink as long as it met a few guidelines.

However the brass unofficially frowned on visible ink when it came to officers. I knew a couple that were told that it hurt their chances for promotion. One was my division officer. He rode a Harley and drove an old pickup with a big HD sticker in the back window. 

One day at a squadron party after he had a quite a few, he went on a rant about how the base CO constantly harassed him about parking a Harley or his beat up old truck in his assigned parking space. The CO felt that officers should not be and definitely not look like bikers.

At one time the USAF would not accept recruits with visible ink. Don't know if that policy is still in effect or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, it's a 1955, the gas filler is on the side.

1956 is behind the driver side taillight that swings out of the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

image.thumb.png.38813bb0cbe533f3b9b45d6559ebcebc.png

Sh**ter's's full.       That's one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/3/2022 at 11:57 AM, Alpo said:

Tattoo regulations have changed significantly.  Each service is different, but in the army the only things that are prohibited are neck and face tattoos, and anything involving racism, etc.  Sometimes if we do a formation run, it looks like I'm being chased by a motorcycle gang.

Edited by Cyrus Cassidy #45437
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

One would think that as many things as they get wrong on that show (Smith & Wesson 32 kit, 25 mm Tokerav), I would quit believing things they say on NCIS.

But they had a dead Marine and he had real real real faded tattoos up and down both arms. Gang tats. He had had them laser removed. Because, as Gibbs explained, the Corps didn't allow visible ink, and since short sleeve shirts were official uniform, the arms had to be clean.

• Haha 1