• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

23 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I knew a guy that told me he always just touched the wires to see if they were hot, he said 110 doesn’t hurt that bad. I told him 110 has killed a few people and voltage testers are cheap. Luckily he didn’t deal with electricity for a living 

Yeah, can't say that I haven't done that, I have. Not a grab it and see kind of thing, just a quick finger swipe. 

I can't say that I haven't shorted circuits to find the breakers, I have...many times.

So far as 110v hurting, in the US there really isn't any 110v unless voltage drop is a factor. 120 volt is the norm with the usual voltage measuring between 116v to 118v. The amount of hurt varies. Depends on how you receive the shock and how grounded you actually are. I've been zapped literally hundreds of times. It happens over a 45 year span as an electrician. Is it fun...NO...in fact, HELL NO. The worst is across the chest, makes you think. When working hot, you always try to keep being grounded to a minimum. Been burnt severely also but that's another story.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Yeah, can't say that I haven't done that, I have. Not a grab it and see kind of thing, just a quick finger swipe. 

I can't say that I haven't shorted circuits to find the breakers, I have...many times.

So far as 110v hurting, in the US there really isn't any 110v unless voltage drop is a factor. 120 volt is the norm with the usual voltage measuring between 116v to 118v. The amount of hurt varies. Depends on how you receive the shock and how grounded you actually are. I've been zapped literally hundreds of times. It happens over a 45 year span as an electrician. Is it fun...NO...in fact, HELL NO. The worst is across the chest, makes you think. When working hot, you always try to keep being grounded to a minimum. Been burnt severely also but that's another story.

I was just repeating what he said about 110 . He was here in the US, figured it demonstrated how often he had used a meter in his lifetime. Guessing never . 
I was a Instument man so mostly everything I dealt with was 24volt until my employer wanted us all to be I&E . I just carried a voltage checker in my shirt pocket . If we wanted to find out what was going where we would just use the fox&hound 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That actually says bet.

I was reading it as BET MGM (Black entertainment television) and couldn't make any sense out of it at all. And from the look on the face of the man in the picture, he couldn't either.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

That actually says bet.

I was reading it as BET MGM (Black entertainment television) and couldn't make any sense out of it at all. And from the look on the face of the man in the picture, he couldn't either.

The man is Pete Rose , that’s what makes the joke 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

:D Started my morning by stepping in two different cat pukes bare foot and then sat down in a wet chair! :D 

Can only get better from here! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 2

114E72BE-007B-45F1-984F-C775EB051FDE.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 2