• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

37 minutes ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

And yet, federal EV tax credits force low- and middle-income taxpayers to subsidize the Benz and Beemer crowd. |  THE AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD INCOME FOR EV BUYERS IS ABOUT $140,000. THAT’S ROUGHLY TWO TIMES THE U.S. AVERAGE. AND YET, FEDERAL EV TAX CREDITS FORCE LOW- AND MIDDLE-INCOME TAXPAYERS TO SUBSIDIZE THE BENZ AND BEEMER CROWD. | image tagged in ev,electric car,electric vehicle,tesla | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Not an 'anti-EV' meme. An 'anti-market manipulation by the government' meme.

seriously-not-again-f6a26a0e5e.jpg

In other words, yet another anti-EV post.  What does the average income have to do with anything?  What is the average income of new F-250 owners?  

I'm less than thrilled with the government push to make everything electric, while at the same time cutting back on use of electricity.  

Oh, and my household income is far below the national average.  But the savings in fuel more than make up the lease payment, especially with gasoline now almost $6.50/gallon.  I just "filled" the car with about 120 miles worth of charge for the cost of about 1.25 gallons of gas.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

seriously-not-again-f6a26a0e5e.jpg

In other words, yet another anti-EV post.  What does the average income have to do with anything?  What is the average income of new F-250 owners?  

I'm less than thrilled with the government push to make everything electric, while at the same time cutting back on use of electricity.  

Oh, and my household income is far below the national average.  But the savings in fuel more than make up the lease payment, especially with gasoline now almost $6.50/gallon.  I just "filled" the car with about 120 miles worth of charge for the cost of about 1.25 gallons of gas.

6,374 Dog Eating Bone Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

No, not anti-EV. 

If I'd wanted to go anti-EV, I'd have found a better anti-EV meme. But I notice you don't dispute the facts of the meme; in fact, you agree with it:

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I'm less than thrilled with the government push to make everything electric,

And I'm happy for your economics rationale -- it means you can buy more bullets.

But two facts remain:

- The government uses taxpayer money to subsidize the EV market to get people to buy them. Your economical EV would have cost you much more, had federal and state governments not shoveled billions in taxpayer money to the manufacturers. 

- The median income of EV buyers is over $150k.

Your non sequitur about the average income of F-250 buyers would be relevant, if the government subsidized the manufacture and purchase of F-250s.

ETA: Oh, and to note the high price of fuel -- another market manipulation to push the nation toward electric vehicles. Thanks a pantload.

Edited by Ozark Huckleberry
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Found on FB:

The level of our culture is such that when we seek wisdom, beauty, and courage, we consult Rappers. Bring back witches.

And oracles. Don't forget oracles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

Cousin did this.  Overhauled a 348 Chevy engine.  Couldn't get it to turn over to start. So they pulled it with a 6x6 until it did. Bolt or something left in the cylinder.  

Fix it or fix it so it can't be fixed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4