• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

12 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Especially the blue mimeograph tests.

Blue and smell was the Ditto copier, black was mimeograph, and while Xerox held all the patents on plain paper copying, there were thermographic and electrostatic copiers.  Thermographic copies would turn black as heat or sunlight hit them.  Thermographic print methods are still used in some applications.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Blue and smell was the Ditto copier, black was mimeograph, and while Xerox held all the patents on plain paper copying, there were thermographic and electrostatic copiers.  Thermographic copies would turn black as heat or sunlight hit them.  Thermographic print methods are still used in some applications.

Not meaning to be contrary, but had to look it up as I was pretty sure we called the blue mimeograph. Per Google:

What was the mimeograph smell?

With its rapturously fragrant, sweetly aromatic pale blue ink, mimeograph paper was literally intoxicating.Jun 6, 2008

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Got to agree. I have never heard of a ditto copier before. The test we had in Junior high school were blue, and we always refer to it as mimeograph.

Of course, the kleenex I blow my nose in is Puffs, the thermos I carry my coffee in is an Aladdin, and no matter who made the copy machine it was a Xerox. Maybe mimeograph is the same way.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Thermographic print methods are still used in some applications.

........ and still the reciepts fade to unreadable just before taxtime .......   :(

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

I was a QC Technician for Nashua Corporation in 1968 in the office copy paper division. I did QC for thermographic & electrographic papers and occasionally some chart papers.  Nashua made papers that were sold under the AB Dick and Savin labels. In 67 or so Consumer Reports evaluated and compared the results of using the different papers.  Savin’s products consistently rated better than AB Dick’s. Needless to say AB Dick asked why.  It was easy to point out that Savin requested a better quality paper and the evaluations of the QCs contributed to that selection.

• Like 3

The Heaviest Element Yet Known to Science:

Lawrence Livermore Laboratories has discovered the heaviest element yet known to science. 

The new element, Governmentium (Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons, and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312. 

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.

Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert; however, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete. 

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2-6 years. It does not decay but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places. 

In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganization will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes. 

This characteristic of morons promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as critical morass.   

When catalyzed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium, an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium since it has half as many peons but twice as many morons.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1