• Replies 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

Typing what you want to say, then highlighting it, and changing the font color to white, does not allow you to post an empty post. It just allows you to hide your post - to camouflage it, if you will.

My next post will be empty. No punctuation marks. No camouflaged writing. No nothing.

Empty. :P

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

It's easy to post a blank post. Simply type in what you want to post, highlight it, go up to the color choice, chose white, click on white and post...walla, white post.

Sneaky Pard. Sneaky.

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474
  • Haha 2

On 7/24/2022 at 3:21 AM, Alpo said:

Been there.

Been there when they found the flashlight in the nose, also. FAA was not amused.

I found a Leatherman in the engine compartment of a Huey. But, as it was unmarked, and appeared to have been there for quite some time, I just stuck in my pocket and went on with life.

IM000442.jpg.d4b231417f804b20830708371761d9f7.jpg

One of them Hueys, so I didn't think it mattered none.

I was with a pilot friend about to take a ride and we decided to taxi back to the hanger because the engine didn't seem to be making power... found a squirrel's nest in the air intake... spent the rest of the next few days walking around the hanger with a .22...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, El CupAJoe said:

I was with a pilot friend about to take a ride and we decided to taxi back to the hanger because the engine didn't seem to be making power... found a squirrel's nest in the air intake... spent the rest of the next few days walking around the hanger with a .22...

When I was stationed at NAS Fallon NV Some Marines were shooting the pidgins in the hanger with an air rifle. Was pretty common practice at the time as bird poop is corrosive.

Unfortunately they were using steel BBs and not lead pellets.

A couple of BBs found their way into the intake of a Harrier  and went undetected  during the daily and preflight checks.  

It made it about a mile past the end of the runway before it crashed. :(

• Sad 6