• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

8 minutes ago, Alpo said:

FB_IMG_1624160337706.thumb.jpg.81768b69db829650cef40845a83e6b84.jpg

FB_IMG_1624160101167.jpg.c69f62e458e14cdce3f65b14390c42c2.jpg

Go back in to your post.

Hit edit.

Remove one of the listings and then save.

Go back into the thread.

Enter new post and add the previously deleted pic

Then save.

Have had to do this as well.

Edited by Father Kit Cool Gun Garth

I'm aware that I could do that. I actually have found it it is easier to delete the bottom picture and then put a couple three spaces in there and reinsert the bottom picture than it is to just try to put a couple spaces between the pictures to separate them.

My complaint is that if you go to edit post, it now announces to the world the date THAT IT has been edited.

I don't mind letting people know that I had to edit a post if I screwed it up and had to fix it. If otto screws it up, that annoys me (IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!!) But I'm getting used to it.

This is not otto. This is a software glitch. They may have intentionally put this into the software, but it is still a glitch. And I hate having to make a edit because of a glitch.

Now this edit was my fault. I accidentally hit save when I should have hit the spacebar, so I had to edit it to add that last ssentence

And I had to edit it again, to fix a couple of otto's.

Edited by Alpo

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I'm aware that I could do that. I actually have found it it is easier to delete the bottom picture and then put a couple three spaces in there and reinsert the bottom picture than it is to just try to put a couple spaces between the pictures to separate them.

My complaint is that if you go to edit post, it now announces to the world the date THAT IT has been edited.

I don't mind letting people know that I had to edit a post if I screwed it up and had to fix it. If otto screws it up, that annoys me (IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!!) But I'm getting used to it.

This is not otto. This is a software glitch. They may have intentionally put this into the software, but it is still a glitch. And I hate having to make a edit because of a glitch.

Now this edit was my fault. I accidentally hit save when I should have hit the spacebar, so I had to edit it to add that last ssentence

What I am about to say is not a meme…obviously. ;)

I reported this silliness (merging) to the Mods twice. The second time a Mod came back with they were confused and didn’t understand. I explained it and got no response. Nothing happened, not even a response to say “it’s the web service that does this. We have no control…” Nothing. 

I know when I was a Mod I would get to the bottom of it and report back, even if I couldn’t fix it and I know Miss Allie @Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 would have fixed it or responded that it could not be fixed. 

My work around is posting then leaving the thread and coming back after posting or “liking” another post or I let the dumbassery time out, I estimate it takes about 2 minutes, unless one posts somewhere else, before you can post again and not have it merge. 

God forbid a Mod actually communicate with folks. That is completely unheard of here on the Wire…:rolleyes:

(sarcasm)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I don't like two items in one post, as in your case,  I wanted to react to the first one; however, not to the second,  therefore,  no response was posted, so as to avoid my original intention.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

What I am about to say is not a meme…obviously. ;)

I reported this silliness (merging) to the Mods twice. The second time a Mod came back with they were confused and didn’t understand. I explained it and got no response. Nothing happened, not even a response to say “it’s the web service that does this. We have no control…” Nothing. 

I know when I was a Mod I would get to the bottom of it and report back, even if I couldn’t fix it and I know Miss Allie @Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 would have fixed it or responded that it could not be fixed. 

My work around is posting then leaving the thread and coming back after posting or “liking” another post or I let the dumbassery time out, I estimate it takes about 2 minutes, unless one posts somewhere else, before you can post again and not have it merge. 

God forbid a Mod actually communicate with folks. That is completely unheard of here on the Wire…:rolleyes:

(sarcasm)

I have followed that rule for some time now, posting to one thread,  then switching to another, and then back again. ;)

Takes more time and a lot more key stokes,  but hey.... you guys are worth it! :P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@Alpo & @Pat Riot, SASS #13748,

Snip-it_1636909196308.jpg.d372471c117c1c979819d29377e80a2e.jpg

Edited by Father Kit Cool Gun Garth
Pic size
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3