SASS Wire Forum

Ba-Dump Tissssh - Memes

Pat Riot

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

(with apologies to any "Docs" out there)

Image may contain: possible text that says 'STORMTROOPER MEDIC HASN'T HIT A VEIN YET'

Reminds me of the Navy corpsman there's a tempting THAT WAS ATTEMPTING to draw blood when I had appendicitis.

Because the damn thing was acting up, and I was sick and absolutely not hungry, I had not eaten for 8 days.

And this moron stabbed me in the elbow about 10 or 15 times trying to find a vein.

I come to as he and another corpsman are putting me on a cot, and he's bitching, "Why is it always the fat ones that are  afraid of needles?"

Edited by Alpo

• Replies 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

And this moron stabbed me in the elbow about 10 or 15 times trying to find a vein.

I distinctly remember telling an anesthesiologist he had one more chance.....

23 minutes ago, MizPete said:

I distinctly remember telling an anesthesiologist he had one more chance.....

I often challenge the phlebotomists, bet you can’t do it, things like that. Sometimes I just make a fist and give them the back of my hand. No problem.

On 2/15/2020 at 9:53 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

correctanswer-e1530711750788.jpg

I was always a terrible math student.  English, too, for that matter - which  might explain why I could never come to terms with mixing letters with numbers!

Anyway, I sent this to Helen Brimstone (retired engineer).  She laughed like hell, then forwarded it to her granddaughter in in Brazil. Five minutes later got a response:

Math.thumb.jpg.7a33e491d051a44f176b1f1bbda6e842.jpg

I can relate to Joe's answer better~!!  ^_^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I was always a terrible math student.  English, too, for that matter - which  might explain why I could never come to terms with mixing letters with numbers!

Anyway, I sent this to Helen Brimstone (retired engineer).  She laughed like hell, then forwarded it to her granddaughter in in Brazil. Five minutes later got a response:

Math.thumb.jpg.7a33e491d051a44f176b1f1bbda6e842.jpg

I can relate to Joe's answer better~!!  ^_^

I bet you will identify with this. 

main-qimg-8a9c7029478fba8bf48dbf21bbd2e3

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I often challenge the phlebotomists, bet you can’t do it, things like that.

My favorite of all time:  I was a regular blood donor.  In the drawing room, a young black male phlebotomist had kept all us 'waiters' in stitches.  When my turn came, I got his chair.  I don't exactly remember how it came up, but I made the comment: well, I have my prejudices.  He looks at me sideways & says what prejudices you got?  I respond: well, I've never seen a man make as clean a stick as a woman.  I got an ovation from all the women in the room.  Then I made the mistake of saying I was a five-minute donor.  This was back when I weighed around 118 pounds.  He takes a step back, looks at me, says No ma'am you are not and goes looking for a smaller vein.  He tries & tries & finally has to call a woman over to do the stick.  The entire room went wild.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, MizPete said:

My favorite of all time:  I was a regular blood donor.  In the drawing room, a young black male phlebotomist had kept all us 'waiters' in stitches.  When my turn came, I got his chair.  I don't exactly remember how it came up, but I made the comment: well, I have my prejudices.  He looks at me sideways & says what prejudices you got?  I respond: well, I've never seen a man make as clean a stick as a woman.  I got an ovation from all the women in the room.  Then I made the mistake of saying I was a five-minute donor.  This was back when I weighed around 118 pounds.  He takes a step back, looks at me, says No ma'am you are not and goes looking for a smaller vein.  He tries & tries & finally has to call a woman over to do the stick.  The entire room went wild.

What does it mean to be a 5 minute donor? 

17 hours ago, MizPete said:

Then I made the mistake of saying I was a five-minute donor. 

My wife and I had races.  She broke 3 minutes a few times.   My best was something like 3 min. 15 seconds.  We would ask for "A table for two. " 

First time I got her to the blood bank I told the rech, "Be gentle...she's never felt a prick before. "  Everyone broke up as she turned bright red.

• Haha 1

Dangit. Don't you just hate it when you answer a question at the bottom of the page, not realizing either that it is at the bottom of the page, or that the page has been turned, and there have been several responses on the next page?

Edited by Alpo
my fault for a change - not Otto's

12 minutes ago, MizPete said:

It means I can bleed a pint in five minutes or less.

Is that because you got watery blood (squirts out faster than the thick stuff), or high blood pressure?

• Like 1

Image result for stay on topic meme

ELSE PAT WILL COME AFTER US FOR NOT POSTING MEMES. :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Alpo said:

Is that because you got watery blood (squirts out faster than the thick stuff), or high blood pressure?

Yeah.  It means I was told I have a lack of a blood thinner.