SASS Wire Forum

Ford v Ferrari.. the movie

Shootin' Shu

19 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Tell us who wins and we can save our money to buy more guns and bullets..... :D

..........Widder

The Americans won. We sank four their Ferrari's and they got one of our Fords. Oops, wrong movie.

Went and saw the movie today. I wouldn't say it was the best movie of the year but it was entertaining, especially if you're a car person. Good seeing all the classic race cars even if some of them were reproductions. One of the scenes involved Henry Ford II getting a terror ride in a Ford GT......priceless.

The Kid and I saw it last Friday.  Quite enjoyable ~ historic framework, of course, fleshed out with "dramatic license."  But well done, especially the cars!!  It's a CAR movie!!  :lol:

And having Caitriona Balfe playing Ken Miles' wife was a nice touch.  :blush:

Leaving the theater, I handed the Kid the keys to the Miata.  He smiled, I strapped in and we both enjoyed a somewhat circuitous trip home.  :rolleyes:

1291105802_ZeldaandRyan1.thumb.jpg.0f970e8cab76dd47c3db03855a5ca0ea.jpg

I knew FORD rolled 1-2-3 over the finish line. But I didn't know Gurney was awarded first place because of some weird technicality rather than a 3 way tie for first. Miles won the race hands down but....I did the math when Shelby asked Ford to take a ride in his $9 million car that is $72 million in todays dollars. Ford spent a lot to say in your face Ferrari.

1 hour ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

I knew FORD rolled 1-2-3 over the finish line. But I didn't know Gurney was awarded first place because of some weird technicality rather than a 3 way tie for first. Miles won the race hands down but....I did the math when Shelby asked Ford to take a ride in his $9 million car that is $72 million in todays dollars. Ford spent a lot to say in your face Ferrari.

Yep, if Ken Miles had just kept his foot in it and ignored Beebe's "team order" he'd have won the race by one and a half laps......he got screwed. His real words when he found out that McLaren-Ford was declared the winner was "I think I just got f****d". True story.

• 2 months later...

Archived