SASS Wire Forum

Making an AK47 from a shovel

Raylan

This is a thread I had found years ago (made in 2012 I believe) about the making of an AK47 out of a shovel. I found it very funny with some slightly salty language. In my head the words play out in a bad russian accent.  But it is a rather remarkable achievement with basic tools. Also love the cat. 

https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/threads/diy-shovel-ak-photo-tsunami-warning.179192/

41 minutes ago, Raylan said:

This is a thread I had found years ago (made in 2012 I believe) about the making of an AK47 out of a shovel. I found it very funny with some slightly salty language. In my head the words play out in a bad russian accent.  But it is a rather remarkable achievement with basic tools. Also love the cat. 

https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/threads/diy-shovel-ak-photo-tsunami-warning.179192/

A couple of years ago in the CA Legislature there was a bill that targeted "ghost guns " and was so badly written that shovels could have been classified as a receiver. 

Years ago, I read an article about a man who had escaped from a mental institution.  He was finally caught and hadn't hurt anybody, but the police found that he had made two longarms. One was a bolt action that he made from a bicycle handle, which could shoot .30-30 or .30-06 ammo interchangeably! The second was a blowback operated semi (?) auto that would also handle .30-30's. :o 

Not too surprisingly, it is fairly common for people denied firearms, to make their own.

I understand Australia is starting to find this out and what a number of other countries already know.

Here's some examples, of home made firearms.

(And to gun banners everywhere: By all means continue with your delusions that you can ban firearms.

You are playing into the hands of criminals, but don't let that stop you.)

Sorry, but we are facing bans here in Canada.

Rant off

2htWA0m.jpg

7ff8i5v.jpg

78946811122lr.jpg

14413762.jpg

billholmespistols.jpg

XB3wzpZ.jpg

02-bl-2-lhs.jpg

43 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Not too surprisingly, it is fairly common for people denied firearms, to make their own.

I understand Australia is starting to find this out and what a number of other countries already know.

Here's some examples, of home made firearms.

(And to gun banners everywhere: By all means continue with your delusions that you can ban firearms.

You are playing into the hands of criminals, but don't let that stop you.)

Sorry, but we are facing bans here in Canada.

Rant off

2htWA0m.jpg

7ff8i5v.jpg

78946811122lr.jpg

14413762.jpg

billholmespistols.jpg

XB3wzpZ.jpg

02-bl-2-lhs.jpg

Wonder how many were full auto. 

I understand the majority were full auto, blow back, design and function.

They were the easiest to produce.

4 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I understand the majority were full auto, blow back, design and function.

They were the easiest to produce.

Yup. Why bother with the intricacies of a trigger group that resets for semi-auto fire?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I’ll go shoot a shovel with my AK. :D

Archived