SASS Wire Forum

Wyatt Earp Cimmaron buntline

Mexicali Blue

They are up to $904 MSRP for the Uberti (Pietta version a little less), so figure around $800 for a new one.  $625 is not bad if in excellent shape.  Now, if you just want a buntline you can get a new one for less than that.  The sterling silver badge inlay adds over $300 to the cost on this model.

It’s a $400 revolver...max, in my view.  Less if you can get it for $300.  Be different if it was a 50’s - 90’s Colt piece.

What would you do with it?  Not really a main match shooter; it’s a novelty. 

What the new, MSRP Sticker says makes no difference.  Spare parts for a shorter barreled build, maybe, for $300.

Cat Brules

one always has to figure out how bad you really want what your looking for , once bought - its yours then there is no longer a question , its is  its worth to you that matters , if i wanted one id not pass the right one up , but only you know why you want it , or how much , i think its reasonable 

7 hours ago, watab kid said:

one always has to figure out how bad you really want what your looking for , once bought - its yours then there is no longer a question , its is  its worth to you that matters , if i wanted one id not pass the right one up , but only you know why you want it , or how much , i think its reasonable 

Exactly!  As others pointed out it’s a novelty piece. Tombstone is one of my favorite movies, but,!!i don’t need it and I don’t want it it that badly. Bit would have to be a much better deal for me to bite.

If I can find it, I had a picture of a pard who shot matches with a pair of the longest barreled Buntlines.  He had special leather rig made, (black and silver spots & conchos), and the holsters were tied down, way down.   Now I gotta dig through the picture files, as I have 'CRS', and can't remember his name at the moment.

1 hour ago, McCandless said:

If I can find it, I had a picture of a pard who shot matches with a pair of the longest barreled Buntlines.  He had special leather rig made, (black and silver spots & conchos), and the holsters were tied down, way down.   Now I gotta dig through the picture files, as I have 'CRS', and can't remember his name at the moment.

There's been a few pards who have had rigs like that.  Not sure if this is who you were thinking of, but here is Sundown Jones with L.W. Hannabas in 2001.  18" buntlines.  BTW, I haven't seen Sundown in many years, but Hannabas looks exactly the same today. :)

SundownAndHannabas.JPG

It would be great to have if you're shooting Josey Wales! Actually two of them would be good to use as the rifle! :D I don't think $625.00 is too much but offer him a litte less!

30 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

There's been a few pards who have had rigs like that.  Not sure if this is who you were thinking of, but here is Sundown Jones with L.W. Hannabas in 2001.  18" buntlines.  BTW, I haven't seen Sundown in many years, but Hannabas looks exactly the same today. :)

Sundown Jones!  That's who it was!  I'll have to dig into the "S" files and see what other ones I can come up with.  Holsters tied down to his ankles  :lol:  Thanks!

25 minutes ago, McCandless said:

Sundown Jones!  That's who it was!  I'll have to dig into the "S" files and see what other ones I can come up with.  Holsters tied down to his ankles  :lol:  Thanks!

The tiedown straps around the boots have a swivel so he can sit down. :lol:

Archived