SASS Wire Forum

Gonna Be a Long Winter

Subdeacon Joe

3 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

Who you calling a nut??  I resemble that remark.  :D

We noticed, but never mind; you're in good company!!

bigHug.gif

Wife and I have seen something that makes us surprised and wondering:  My wife likes to decorate the front of our house with season/holiday appropriate things.  She put out several small scarecrows, pumpkins, etc., representing Fall.  The scarecrows are only about two feet high, and have felt hats.  She came out yesterday morning to see one of our local squirrels grab one of the felt hats and run off with it to the evergreen tree in our backyard, we think is where it makes its home!  Out of curiosity, my wife put our some other pieces of felt on the top of the wood fence (2x4 top plate).  Sure enough. the squirrel took a piece and went off with it!  We think it may be using the felt to make or improve its nest.  Does that mean we are in for a hard winter?  We've already had quite a few snows for October in the Denver area! :unsure:

12 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Wife and I have seen something that makes us surprised and wondering:  My wife likes to decorate the front of our house with season/holiday appropriate things.  She put out several small scarecrows, pumpkins, etc., representing Fall.  The scarecrows are only about two feet high, and have felt hats.  She came out yesterday morning to see one of our local squirrels grab one of the felt hats and run off with it to the evergreen tree in our backyard, we think is where it makes its home!  Out of curiosity, my wife put our some other pieces of felt on the top of the wood fence (2x4 top plate).  Sure enough. the squirrel took a piece and went off with it!  We think it may be using the felt to make or improve its nest.  Does that mean we are in for a hard winter?  We've already had quite a few snows for October in the Denver area! :unsure:

Either that, or he's recovering his pool table.

LL

Archived