SASS Wire Forum

City council passes new law taxing every bullet sold

Charlie T Waite

Reeks of...

Taxation WITHOUT representation.

I'm sure that will curb violence as most criminals buy their guns and ammo legally at the store.:ph34r:  Good grief Charlie Brown

It’ll probably cost the city more in other taxes than they stand to gain from any collections that they can expect.

What it does for the antis is possibly force some merchants to close or move away and inconvenience lawful gun owners!!

I see it making it difficult for local GS to stay in business and town folk will just go to the next town over or the internet for their firearm needs.. JMHO It's amazing these laws even get passed.

6 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

It’ll probably cost the city more in other taxes than they stand to gain from any collections that they can expect.

What it does for the antis is possibly force some merchants to close or move away and inconvenience lawful gun owners!!

3 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I see it making it difficult for local GS to stay in business and town folk will just go to the next town over or the internet for their firearm needs.. JMHO It's amazing these laws even get passed.

In which case the local politicos will consider their move a success.  

<pondering> Can anyone tell me the last time a gun was violent?

<pondering> This will lead to and increase in Knife and Bat violence.

The reason these ordinances are passed is not the stated purpose of raising revenue.  It is a legal low cost way to close retailers of the taxed products.  Changing zoning would credibly be challenged in federal court as a takings.  The city council majority knows it will result in lost sales tax revenue; since, they have ample historic data from other cities that have adopted similar ordinances.  The City of Oakland CA, Fremont CA, San Francisco  & Seattle. 

Archived