SASS Wire Forum

Browns Garrett fight

Rye Miles #13621

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/11/myles-garrett-steelers-browns-fight-joe-buck/

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/myles-garrett-brawl-reaction-steelers-browns.amp

He has a history of fines and suspensions for roughing the passer but this goes beyond that! Terrible stain on the Browns!:angry:

Oughta be in jail, certainly should never play in the NFL again.

16 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

If this happened on the street he would be charged with assault with a deadly weapon! He's great player but he's a thug!

I'm not sticking up for Garrett but the Steelers guy was trying to take off Garrett's helmet BEFORE Garrett lifted his off. The Steelers did instigate this. That's no excuse though I'm just sayin'.............:o

Now that he has weaponized a helmet, did they do a background check on him, indicating that he has no prior convictions or mental health issues and did he have a permit to possess that lethal helmet?  It is those demon helmets to blame.  Take away all the helmets!

Fred(only being mildly sarcastic)Finagler

I haven’t watched the National Felons League since the anti police Beyoncé Stupid Bowl performance. They have made their anti police stance quite clear and I refuse to support them 

1 hour ago, BLACKFOOT SASS #11947 said:

More and more "thugs" seem to be playing in the NFL.  That is demonstrated by their behavior  both on and off the field.

Blackfoot

Da thug life is not restricted to the NFL. NBA has got plenty themselves.

Somewhere along the last 25 years or so it became acceptable to gansta professional sports.

The National Anthem is bad, but ganstathuglife is good.

:wacko:

I don’t watch the NFL but I do see the highlights on the news. With that cowardly action and two vicious and illegal helmet to helmet hits on defenseless receivers the Browns have lived up to the perception of NFL thugs.

They have now taken over the title of the dirtiest team in football 

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'm not sticking up for Garrett but the Steelers guy was trying to take off Garrett's helmet BEFORE Garrett lifted his off. The Steelers did instigate this. That's no excuse though I'm just sayin'.............:o

That's exactly what i've been saying. QB was trying to pull Myles helmet off and then kicked him in the groin when Garrett pulled his helmet off. He was backing away after taking his helmet and the QB came running up trying to swing on him and pushing. That's when he got busted with the helmet. Myles Garrett was 100% in the wrong for his reaction but Mason Rudolph certainly started that brawl. 

Wonder what the rematch in Pittsburg in a few weeks is going to be like?

12 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Wonder what the rematch in Pittsburg in a few weeks is going to be like?

Well, it will be missing at least two of the three prime instigators.....

LL

And each of the team owners will be $250K lighter.  That may quiet things down.

LL

I have mixed emotions about such acts as these in the NFL.

We train our military warriors in various ways and then we seemed shocked when we hear about

someone innocent being killed by one of our Military combatants.  And sometimes, the Military

will make a scapegoat out of someone when they act in the manner for which they were trained,

or even 'feel' they were trained.

The NFL ain't much different.   They guys, since probably the age of 8 or 10, have been

groomed, both physically and mentally, to be Godzilla and King Kong.   Sometimes, they act

upon impulse and commit an act we can find unacceptable.  

They ain't angels and we really shouldn't be surprised when some of those

beastial emotions surface.  

I say, fine him appropriately and move on.   

Anyhow, these are just my thoughts.   I have greater concerns about 'other stuff' then

to let an issue of one NFL player jerking off another NFL players helmet shake my world.

..........Widder

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/11/myles-garrett-steelers-browns-fight-joe-buck/

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/myles-garrett-brawl-reaction-steelers-browns.amp

He has a history of fines and suspensions for roughing the passer but this goes beyond that! Terrible stain on the Browns!:angry:

The NFL is going to have to come down hard on this.  We don't need any repeat of this behavior anywhere.

13 minutes ago, punxsutawneypete said:

The NFL is going to have to come down hard on this.  We don't need any repeat of this behavior anywhere.

See https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28087446/browns-myles-garrett-suspended-indefinitely-steelers-maurkice-pouncey-gets-3-game-ban

Garrett banned for the remainder of the season, at least; Pouncy out for 3 games; each team fined $250K; and more may come.

LL

5 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Should have been arrested and taken into custody in cuffs on the field in front of the whole crowd and all available videos taken as evidence.

I don't care what anyone else did nor the initial reason for the brawl, this just goes way past what should be accepted and shrugged off.

7 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Should have been arrested and taken into custody in cuffs on the field in front of the whole crowd and all available videos taken as evidence.

I don't care what anyone else did nor the initial reason for the brawl, this just goes way past what should be accepted and shrugged off.

In 1969, Teddy Green of the Bruins and Wayne Maki of the Blues squared off during an exhibition game.  Both used their sticks to spear, strike and club each other.  Green ended up on the ice with a fractured skull and partial paralysis,  Both were charged criminally.  Neither was convicted.

Way, way beyond the norms, but I fear that none of the participants would be criminally convicted (unless they were tried in the opponents' jurisdiction, maybe).  Best hope for certain and meaningful correction is through action by the league and the teams.  I think they all should have been indefinitely suspended; the message must be that any participation in a criminal assault ends your participation in the sport. 

LL

7 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Actually it was instigated by Garrett’s late hit on Ruldolph

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

They'll never do that. If they did they'd have to arrest every baseball pitcher that drills a batter, every basketball player that elbows another player in the head and every race car driver that crashes another driver on purpose........it's never gonna happen. If they're a famous NFL player, the courts won't convict the rapists, wife beaters, thieves or the ones who commit assault. I guess they only convict the ones who actually commit murder (Hernandez) but let others walk.

I've only watched the incident once. These guys get suspended or fined......big deal. They don't care, they're already rich. A $100K fine to them is like a $5 fine to everyone else. A permanent ban with no more football related income and a 7 figure fine is the only thing that would be a deterrent to these thugs. 

2 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

I disagree, did you see Rudolph trying to rip off Garrett’s helmet? That wasn’t right either.  There’s lots of late hits on QB’s in every game. I’m not sticking up for Garret but Rudolph started it. 

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

They'll never do that. If they did they'd have to arrest every baseball pitcher that drills a batter, every basketball player that elbows another player in the head and every race car driver that crashes another driver on purpose........it's never gonna happen. If they're a famous NFL player, the courts won't convict the rapists, wife beaters, thieves or the ones who commit assault. I guess they only convict the ones who actually commit murder (Hernandez) but let others walk.

I've only watched the incident once. These guys get suspended or fined......big deal. They don't care, they're already rich. A $100K fine to them is like a $5 fine to everyone else. A permanent ban with no more football related income and a 7 figure fine is the only thing that would be a deterrent to these thugs. 

Howdy Sun.

You forgot to mention Wrestlers who bring chains or knucks into the ring or bash another on the head with a 

chair.

..........Widder

1 minute ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Howdy Sun.

You forgot to mention Wrestlers who bring chains or knocks into the ring or bash another on the head with a 

chair.

..........Widder

Surprised those guys don't sue the razor blade companies.:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Even the refs would disagree with that. There wasnt any flags thrown for his hit on Mason Rudolph. Flags didnt start flying until Myles Garrett had a hold of Rudolph's helmet. Garrett 100% went way overboard but Rudolph definitely started that fight. 

14 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

If this happened on the street he would be charged with assault with a deadly weapon! He's great player but he's a thug!

Garrett’s presence on a playing field is insulting to everyone.  He should already be in prison.  He’s not a great player at all.  His performance is a measure of his controlled, criminally violent personality, and not his football skills.  

In the real world, his victims would either track him down and take him out, or litigate against him until he’s broke.  This kind of behavior  is only one reason I stopped watching NFL games.

CB

Haven't watched football for 3 seasons because of the kneeling protest crap. but if I did, I'd be watching for the football. If I wanted to watch fighting, I'd watch hockey.:P

51 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Sadly there are thousands of people who watch these sporting events hoping to see exactly this sort of thing.

I think you are right on that, Forty. 

CB

8 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Sadly there are thousands of people who watch these sporting events hoping to see exactly this sort of thing.

Not me, I watch it because I happen to like the game of football! I love the game of baseball too and fighting ruins the sport. So anyone watching sports just to see brawls are idiots!:angry:

17 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Howdy Sun.

You forgot to mention Wrestlers who bring chains or knucks into the ring or bash another on the head with a 

chair.

..........Widder

That's part of the script. Yes, wrestling is FAKE!

As for these other guys, remind me again WHY people are fans. Why do people go so crazy over a sports game? I lived through the OSU riots in the 70s, and to this day cannot understand why people do those things.

I used to like to PLAY football, but I have NO interest in watching it. I've said it before, I don't watch football, baseball, basketball, NASCAR, wrestling, or hockey.   

Archived