SASS Wire Forum

No trespassing

Raylan

There were several No Trespassing  signs when I brought the property. I have taken them all down and replaced them with “No Hunting

Without Permission” signs. 

7 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

There were several No Trespassing  signs when I brought the property. I have taken them all down and replaced them with “No Hunting

Without Permission” signs. 

Curious UB...have you ever given anyone permission?  Has anyone ever asked?

I've tried repeatedly locally.  I've even put together a packet, including copies of my hunting license, my certificate from the MA State Hunter Safety class, and my MA and NH Bar cards - everything I can think of to overcome the local lefty concern that hunters/gun owners are redneck nutcases.  No takers.  Had one "gentleman farmer" convinced (i thought) that I could help reduce the level of deer damage to his fruit trees and ornamentals with some modest hunting pressure.  All looked good, until he asked how I would assure that the deer would be shot and removed out of sight from his home - he didn't want to risk the chance that his wife or kids might see a deer being shot or dragged.  End of negotiation; I tried to explain  that I had no agreement with the deer to only be shot out-of-sight of the house, and not to run toward the house after being shot.  He didn't get the humor.

LL

8 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Curious UB...have you ever given anyone permission?  Has anyone ever asked?

I've tried repeatedly locally.  I've even put together a packet, including copies of my hunting license, my certificate from the MA State Hunter Safety class, and my MA and NH Bar cards - everything I can think of to overcome the local lefty concern that hunters/gun owners are redneck nutcases.  No takers.  Had one "gentleman farmer" convinced (i thought) that I could help reduce the level of deer damage to his fruit trees and ornamentals with some modest hunting pressure.  All looked good, until he asked how I would assure that the deer would be shot and removed out of sight from his home - he didn't want to risk the chance that his wife or kids might see a deer being shot or dragged.  End of negotiation; I tried to explain  that I had no agreement with the deer to only be shot out-of-sight of the house, and not to run toward the house after being shot.  He didn't get the humor.

LL

Yes. But this is an extremely hunter friendly area. Just about everybody I know hunts. 

I just wish hunters would ask first. It annoys the hell out of me when someone I don't even know just come parading into my set. Some have even said "Well it's not posted". Permission is just simple courtesy and at least you could inform a prospective hunter to please avoid certain areas or call the night B4 to inform he will be stalking around on your property. Sorry for the rant---- it just makes me nuts, and that's a short order!:)

There is a lot of truth to that sign.

Archived