SASS Wire Forum

Don't say homeless

Lawdog Dago Dom

Well, as the link will show you, some folks resort to bows and arrows for their own version of justice. What amused me was the description of the suspect. An unsheltered resident. Apparently this is the new PC term for homeless people. I guess if you hang a socially acceptable tag on a problem, the problem goes away?

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/11/12/man-arrested-in-connection-with-richmond-arrow-attack-near-homeless-camp/

We always called them "Hobos" or "Bums" and they lived in "Hobo Jungles" so I suppose that we were not politically correct.

But we were very accurate.

Duffield

Around here we call them "environmentally incorrect", because they generate trash and garbage like you wouldn't believe. My wife and I volunteer with the Elks club and clean up the roads, and the trash generated by these people is unbelievable.

We buy bottled water from a water store in Escondido and there is a homeless guy that camps out in front of the vending machine out in front of the store. When people try to get to the vending machine to fill their water bottles he won’t move unless they pay him something. I have 6 big bottles so I go into the store to have mine filled. I asked the owner of the store why the cops didn’t do something about it because the police station is two blocks away and he told me that they won’t do anything and the security guy for the strip mall can’t do anything either. I used to go to a bagel shop a few times a week to meet a couple of friends for bagels and coffee but the panhandling homeless became so aggressive that we found another place to have our coffee.

The two times I have visited New Orleans I have seen the "homeless's" tent cities.

Everyone one of the tents I saw was a much nicer tent than every one of the tents I have ever used for camping. Nicer and newer. 

Just an observation...

So you can be undocumented and unsheltered. What other “un”s will the libs come up with? :rolleyes:

45 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

When I was a Law Dawg, occasionally an "unsheltered resident" was found dead, especially in the winter.  We referred to them lovingly as "bumcicles."

That is wrong! I like it.

I lived near railroad tracks nearly all my life. When we were kids we would play by the tracks and got scared when we saw the hobos. They rode the trains. Bums were beggars that were mostly downtown.

I try to be nice to homeless folks, but sometimes they definitely don’t deserve it. 
Guys like that moron Yul mentioned get no respect or money from me and buttheads like that make it hard on the other people that have fallen on hard times. 

Professional Panhandlers really chap my hide, especially when they are manipulative, rude and just plain nasty. 

I have a ringtone called “Mosquito Insect Ringing Sound”. I set that off when Sidewalk Denizens get too close. It’s real flippin’ annoying and they don’t bother hanging around me when it’s active. It just happens to be in the same frequency range as my tinnitus so it doesn’t bother me too much. ;)

I never thought tinnitus would come in handy...

5 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I lived near railroad tracks nearly all my life. When we were kids we would play by the tracks and got scared when we saw the hobos. They rode the trains. Bums were beggars that were mostly downtown.

Ah man, hobos were great! We’d catch catfish and trade fish for stuff with them. I got a nice Barlow knife for a stringer of fish once. But, one day my Dad found out we were hanging with the hobos and that ended that. It didn’t help I had whiskey on my breath. :lol: He told the cops where the hobo jungle was and the police ran them off and had the land cleared where they were living. I got a sore butt from a good whoopin’ and a funny experience out of it. 

There was a notice put on on FB of a family who were con artist at begging for money.  They had an old mini-van and several kids and they would go to some small town and pretend to be stranded.  They'd have the pathetic looking kids holding up signs.  People would give them money to get home on.  All a scam.

13 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

The two times I have visited New Orleans I have seen the "homeless's" tent cities.

Everyone one of the tents I saw was a much nicer tent than every one of the tents I have ever used for camping. Nicer and newer. 

Just an observation...

There are programs to hand out tents.

Free-Range Humans

They must be very healthy. Think about it. Every carnivorous health-nut in the US insists on only eating “free range” meat. So, to me, that means that Free Range Humans are much healthier than caged or domesticated humans. That means they do not require as much money, effort or attention by others because they are a healthier, more robust human. If anything it is they that should be helping us to become more independent and healthy. 

Think about it. Free Range Humans obviously do not require healthcare as their superior immune system is darn near radiation hardened against bacteria and disease because they are, in fact, healthier. 
They are also more physically resilient. They can go for long periods without food or water and can function on minimal sustenance. The US Military should be falling all over themselves to develop these FRH’s (free range humans) as Universal Soldiers! Awesome capabilities!

FRH’s are also very mentally stable. They are not shallow and needy. This can be exhibited by their obviously superior Self Esteem. They do not need hygiene or cleanliness products to make them feel better. They are extremely independent thinkers and do not care what CRH’s (cage raised humans) think about them regarding their appearance or hygiene. 
The lack of hygiene only strengthens their already superior immune systems. 
FRH’s also have extremely tough bodies. CRH’s pay humongous sums of money to health clubs to become tougher, leaner and more resilient. FRH’s do not need to spend money to accomplish this, they are obviously superior in this aspect of their existence. 
Free Range Humans could teach everyone a great deal about dealing with life and show others how to cope. 
I believe there should be FRH training camps instituted at every high school and university to teach delicate, young CRH’s, we’ll call them “Snowflakes” for lack of a better term, how to be superior, self-sustaining, stronger “free range” individuals. 
Yes, our denizens of the streets watch over us and protects us. They are obviously superior and they are sorely misunderstood by CRH’s that think that FRH’s need help, but I’m reality, it is the other way around. 
I think we need a new government program of tough love for our Snowflake CRH’s. They need to be forced out of their dorms and community living quarters and onto the streets so that they can live free among the FRH’s and can learn from them how to be better, tougher humans freed from the bonds of societal norms that they themselves have created in their delusional weak-minded group think. 

Yes, my friends, FRH’s can be such a benefit to our society. They can be our saviors in many aspects of life. We should not look down upon them, but we should revere them!  Free Range Humans, our future...

:P

I had Federal jury duty this summer and had to drive to downtown Sacramento. I passed many tent encampments. :( Luckily, where I was (walked from parking to court), there was only one panhandler. He was a jolly person. I saw the same homeless (you could tell by the weeds in her hair and holes in her clothes) woman several times. One day she ranted at me. Luckily, there were lots of people around.

There was none of that when we lived there.

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Free-Range Humans

They must be very healthy. Think about it. Every carnivorous health-nut in the US insists on only eating “free range” meat. So, to me, that means that Free Range Humans are much healthier than caged or domesticated humans. That means they do not require as much money, effort or attention by others because they are a healthier, more robust human. If anything it is they that should be helping us to become more independent and healthy. 

Think about it. Free Range Humans obviously do not require healthcare as their superior immune system is darn near radiation hardened against bacteria and disease because they are, in fact, healthier. 
They are also more physically resilient. They can go for long periods without food or water and can function on minimal sustenance. The US Military should be falling all over themselves to develop these FRH’s (free range humans) as Universal Soldiers! Awesome capabilities!

FRH’s are also very mentally stable. They are not shallow and needy. This can be exhibited by their obviously superior Self Esteem. They do not need hygiene or cleanliness products to make them feel better. They are extremely independent thinkers and do not care what CRH’s (cage raised humans) think about them regarding their appearance or hygiene. 
The lack of hygiene only strengthens their already superior immune systems. 
FRH’s also have extremely tough bodies. CRH’s pay humongous sums of money to health clubs to become tougher, leaner and more resilient. FRH’s do not need to spend money to accomplish this, they are obviously superior in this aspect of their existence. 
Free Range Humans could teach everyone a great deal about dealing with life and show others how to cope. 
I believe there should be FRH training camps instituted at every high school and university to teach delicate, young CRH’s, we’ll call them “Snowflakes” for lack of a better term, how to be superior, self-sustaining, stronger “free range” individuals. 
Yes, our denizens of the streets watch over us and protects us. They are obviously superior and they are sorely misunderstood by CRH’s that think that FRH’s need help, but I’m reality, it is the other way around. 
I think we need a new government program of tough love for our Snowflake CRH’s. They need to be forced out of their dorms and community living quarters and onto the streets so that they can live free among the FRH’s and can learn from them how to be better, tougher humans freed from the bonds of societal norms that they themselves have created in their delusional weak-minded group think. 

Yes, my friends, FRH’s can be such a benefit to our society. They can be our saviors in many aspects of life. We should not look down upon them, but we should revere them!  Free Range Humans, our future...

:P

I have always called them "stew bums",

but I now think FRH is more polite. 

(and that's what it's all about,right?)^_^

22 hours ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

I don't care what they are called. Just don't call me fat. Please refer to me as " gravitationally challenged."

Circumferentially challenged os the term I've been using for several years now.

I'm also not "turning gray" of getting "white hair".  I'm "prematurely blonde" thank you very much.

Many years ago when I lived in New York City, there was a “bag lady” dressed only in underwear (during warm weather) who hung out near my office building at 42nd St and 3rd Ave. She was frequently ranting to anyone within shouting distance about Congress and city hall and honestly made more sense than most in the media and halls of power. No joke, she was very articulate. :mellow:

Most of the true homeless are either mentally ill or drug addicts.  In my experience, about 75% of panhandlers are dopers.  The other 25% are truly poor or scammers who make a lot of money.  When I give money to a panhandler, I try to give it to one of the truly poor or mentally ill ones.  I do not want to give it to drug addicts, alcoholics, or scammers. I was a Cop in LA for 32 years.  I am pretty good at picking out the needy.

7 minutes ago, MAYOBARD SASS #13025L said:

Most of the true homeless are either mentally ill or drug addicts.  In my experience, about 75% of panhandlers are dopers.  The other 25% are truly poor or scammers who make a lot of money.  When I give money to a panhandler, I try to give it to one of the truly poor or mentally ill ones.  I do not want to give it to drug addicts, alcoholics, or scammers. I was a Cop in LA for 32 years.  I am pretty good at picking out the needy.

I'm the facility supervisor for the local community mental health center. We have clinics, crisis houses, apartments, rehab centers, etc in 4 counties. Yes, most homeless are mentally ill and addicted. It's cheaper to house them than incarcerate. There are rules in supervised living, many don't follow rules, it's too hard. If they are deemed "severely permanent mentally ill" or SPMI they get Medicaid and disability from SSI. They can get subsidized housing, food from the local food bank, and health care. Many only get $600-800 monthly, with the safety nets in place they can get by without living on the streets. It's too cold for all but the hardiest homeless in winter in Wyoming, they like it here in the summer. They do ride the train. I don't recommend giving them anything, they could care less about food, they want drugs and booze. 

1 minute ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

These posts remind me of a woman who would walk down the street beside our house in downtown Sacramento. She would yell stuff about the Devil and throw glass behind her as she walked.

I see this behavior occasionally. It's amusing in a way but sad in another. There used to be a gal in Cheyenne that would open your car door at an intersection and get in the vehicle and tell you where she wanted to go. She thought the world was her taxi. One day she got in my truck and I took her to the clinic, that's where I was headed. Cheyenne isn't a huge town and we see the same folks everyday.

Archived