SASS Wire Forum

What Happens when Dr. Frankenstein digs up a Tesla

Sedalia Dave

You get something like this

467520-fi-hw-ward-icon-electric-vehicles_01_MJC.jpg

With 470 pound-feet of torque and the equivalent of 400 horsepower.  :o

467520-fi-hw-ward-icon-electric-vehicles_08_MJC.JPG

When you get really carried away you end up with a killer Cobra.

The 800-horsepower Shelby Cobra that Hauber made for commercial TV lighting technician Don Swadley of El Cajon, Calif., was so powerful as to be virtually undrivable.

“Even with the motor tuned down, we couldn’t get any traction control,” Swadley said. “At 50 miles per hour, you’d put your foot on the pedal and the car would go completely sideways.”

Hauber’s solution: Make the Shelby more like a Tesla by adding a Tesla drivetrain and suspension system, with the Model S’s standard P85 motor in the back and an upgraded Tesla P100D motor up front. “It’s 2,600 pounds lighter than a Tesla, and it’s absolutely faster than any Tesla on the road,” Swadley said. “Now I can go down the road with the wind messing up my hair and out-accelerate anything and not be killing any trees.”

They turn ’49 Mercurys and Shelby Cobras into EVs, one Tesla carcass at a time

I just heard Ford is going to debut the electric Mustang Monday. 

Can you imagine pulling up to a light next to a heavily camed hot rod in that Cobra and challenging the driver to a race?

When the light turned green all the other guy would hear is the whine of the electric motors as he watches your tail lights fade into the distance.

Archived