SASS Wire Forum

Another school shooting

Utah Bob #35998

Santa Clarita CA. 2 dead. 16 year old girl and 14 year old boy. :(
Suspect shot himself and is in grave condition.

And the misinformation starts already. CNN talking head called the weapon a six-shooter after a reporter had already described it as a semi auto.

As a california resident who enjoys the wholesome activities of hunting and recreational shooting, I'm sure I'll be tagged as a cause of this tragedy.  <_<

Reckon I need to start practicing feeling guilty.  -_-

Some Ca local politician already blamed Mitch McConnell for this shooting.  Said the Republican Senate would not debate and vote on the gun control legislation already passed by House of Reps.

Thoughts and prayers for the families.

Shooter turned 16 today.

For a refreshing perspective, read or re-read “Nation Of Cowards” by Jeff Snyder:

“And if we think that laws designed to prevent crime can indeed make the world a safer place, we should ask ourselves this:  How, exactly, is the world made a safer place by making self-control and responsibility irrelevant?”  

It’s pretty obvious that gun free zones are dangerous places.

Not to diminish the death of two kids, but...

~30 people died today in alcohol related car accidents. Just as they did yesterday. And will tomorrow. And every other day of the year. But let's ban guns.

You have a higher likelihood of being killed by a pet or domestic livestock in this country than in a mass shooting. But let's ban guns. Politics. :angry:

Prayers for the victims and their families.

I read yesterday that bill clinton blamed the shooting on the GOP winning an election is 1994,  And as usual the media was in full "screw the facts get "a" story out there."

The kid broke a bunch of laws and they're going to call for more gun control, you watch! Biden is already spouting off about how he's gonna take down the NRA!:angry:

1 hour ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

There are reports that law enforcement arrived two minutes after being called.  Kudos for the local police!

Yeah. Amazing response. And about a minute and a half too late. Hardened campuses and armed security are the only things that can help in these incidents. In this case it looked like without metal detectors, nothing would have prevented it.

None of the gun control bills being proposed in Congress would've prevented this tragedy. The kid wasn't even the legal age to buy one. It most likely belonged to his father who passed away two years ago. It also sounds like it was a 1911 since it was a semi-auto but without a bazillion bullets in it. So unless they're now thinking of banning all handguns there's nothing that could have been done.

2 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

None of the gun control bills being proposed in Congress would've prevented this tragedy. The kid wasn't even the legal age to buy one. It most likely belonged to his father who passed away two years ago. It also sounds like it was a 1911 since it was a semi-auto but without a bazillion bullets in it. So unless they're now thinking of banning all handguns there's nothing that could have been done.

We don’t know if it was a Glock, 1911, Beretta or what. Could be he only had access to a few rounds. He fired 5 and then 1 to his head. Time will tell what he had. CA already bans mags over 10. That didn’t help. No telling what they’ll do now!

10 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yeah. Amazing response. And about a minute and a half too late. Hardened campuses and armed security are the only things that can help in these incidents. In this case it looked like without metal detectors, nothing would have prevented it.

I have been preaching this doctrine since forever.  I do not fathom what is so hard to understand about the need to harden these targets and screen entry.  The refusal of school administrators and local/state politicians to insist on these steps is gross malfeasance.  Pull your heads out of the sand and protect our kids!!!

LL

Times apparently have really changed. I say a bit tongue in cheek. Even when I was a kid the doors to the school were locked. The administration office folks could easily see who was at the door and communicate with them via intercom. Although that wouldn't have mattered this time, it still seems awful easy to just walk in.

Prayers up for the family & friends of the victims.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:10 AM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

We don’t know if it was a Glock, 1911, Beretta or what. Could be he only had access to a few rounds. He fired 5 and then 1 to his head. Time will tell what he had. CA already bans mags over 10. That didn’t help. No telling what they’ll do now!

Turns out it was a 1911, but made using an 80% frame:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/santa-clarita-shooting-weapon-used-in-saugus-high-attack-a-ghost-gun-sheriff-says/ar-BBX7Jih?ocid=ientp

There's a conspiracy nut side of me who wonders if there really are this many "ghost guns" floating around, or if they simply want to make us believe it as they try to outlaw being able to buy spare gun parts.

On 11/15/2019 at 1:15 PM, Eyesa Horg said:

Times apparently have really changed. I say a bit tongue in cheek. Even when I was a kid the doors to the school were locked. The administration office folks could easily see who was at the door and communicate with them via intercom. Although that wouldn't have mattered this time, it still seems awful easy to just walk in.

Prayers up for the family & friends of the victims.

When I was in school the corridors were open to allow air flow I guess. Typical in S Florida with no AC. They had gates that were closed at night but during school hours everything was accessible to everybody. And it was never a problem. Times have indeed changed.

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Turns out it was a 1911, but made using an 80% frame:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/santa-clarita-shooting-weapon-used-in-saugus-high-attack-a-ghost-gun-sheriff-says/ar-BBX7Jih?ocid=ientp

There's a conspiracy nut side of me who wonders if there really are this many "ghost guns" floating around, or if they simply want to make us believe it as they try to outlaw being able to buy spare gun parts.

Wow, interesting article!:o They took his LATE Dad's guns, many weren't "registered"!!! :rolleyes: A "cache" of weapons!

17 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Wow, interesting article!:o They took his LATE Dad's guns, many weren't "registered"!!! :rolleyes: A "cache" of weapons!

A large segment of the population believes that all legal firearms have to be registered in this country. I've had people react with surprise when I told them that there is no gun registration for the most part. The news media of course continues to repeat this BS over and over.

57 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

A large segment of the population believes that all legal firearms have to be registered in this country. I've had people react with surprise when I told them that there is no gun registration for the most part. The news media of course continues to repeat this BS over and over.

And TV shows use it constantly.

So... is there some belief with these knot-heads that a gun that is "registered" can be magically detected if it is going to be used in an illegal manner?  <_<

I'm trying to remember if it was Boxer or Pelosi who said "We don't want to take your guns - but we do want to know what you have!"  (I'm thinking Pelosi.  I don't believe Boxer could've constructed a compound sentence)

1 minute ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

So... is there some belief with these knot-heads that a gun that is "registered" can be magically detected if it is going to be used in an illegal manner?  <_<

I'm trying to remember if it was Boxer or Pelosi who said "We don't want to take your guns - but we do want to know what you have!"  (I'm thinking Pelosi.  I don't believe Boxer could've constructed a compound sentence)

It must have been a long time ago, Pelosi hasn't been able to put a competent sentence together for quite a while now; she sounds drunk all the time of late.

2 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

It must have been a long time ago, Pelosi hasn't been able to put a competent sentence together for quite a while now; she sounds drunk all the time of late.

I think if she has another face-lift her eyes might roll out.  hypnotized.gif  

Archived